Sold HTC One X

Discussion in 'Other Items' started by PeteMM, Tuesday 8th Apr, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PeteMM Premium Member Club Supporter

Northern Ireland Pete Belfast, UK
    HTC One X

32GB, Grey, Android 4.2.2

Has been an awesome phone and one I will probably regret selling as I have a 5S en route.

Boxed, with charger, leads, etc

No scratches or damage, phone was brand new replacement in October 2013 but now for sale due to an early upgrade.

Open to offers but for the sake of the rules - £175 or swap for something interesting for my tourer

Cheers

2. PeteMM Premium Member Club Supporter

htc1. htc2.

3. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Nothing to add except I still use a One X as my daily, can't fault it - runs all the latest Android ROMs like any new flagship phone still.

4. PeteMM Premium Member Club Supporter

I am a serial phone rapist, for years my phone either bored me to tears or got wrecked within 3 months of purchase.

The One X not only endured everything, but it kept me amused too for 24 months (albeit this one is only a matter of months old)

5. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Same goes here, first phone in a long time to make it past a year without being replaced let alone what must be nearly two.

6. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Is it locked Pete or free network?

7. PeteMM Premium Member Club Supporter

I haven't tried on anything other than Vodafone, so I will say it is locked.

I did apply to vodafone to unlock it, nothing ever came of it though.

8. Nels Moderator Staff Team

My son has one of these. Excellent phone :Thumbup:

Vodafone's website say:
    "We’ll aim to get back to you within 48 hours. If we need to get in touch with your phone’s manufacturer, it may take about 7-10 days."

Unlock Your Phone – Using Your Device - Vodafone

Vodafone & HTC are major players, so I'd have expected a faster turnaround. :Wassat:

9. PeteMM Premium Member Club Supporter

I know how to unlock it, and I have gone through the process, but as it was a replacement phone (1 of 4) apparently my IMEI didn't match their records and they stopped the process, I haven't pursued it any further.

10. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Sorry, wasn't implying you didn't Pete.
    I know you're very switched on.

Just another example of the big companies being slow at responding, and not meeting there own service standards

Their current ad campaign stresses that healthcare or emergency services use them - Implying they are better than the rest.
    I would say it's more like they cut them a better deal to spin these ads.

PeteMM likes this.
  11. PeteMM Premium Member Club Supporter

They are better than the rest in the vast majority of cases.

Customer Service is not one of them, Giff Gaff is simply way out on top for that despite their recent move to selling phones aswell.

The phone is just sitting here and I have no real use for it aside from being an epic calculator

12. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Ok thanks Pete.
    Let me look if I can unlock it myself somehow.If I can I will make you an offer otherwise locked on Vodafone is no good to me.

13. PeteMM Premium Member Club Supporter

No worries dude.

I would imagine any wee phone shops can unlock for a couple of quid.

14. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

If its got a custom rom it will be unlocked if not you just put an original rom of your choice. I guess the Europe roms are simply free?

Username =user
    Password = User

HTC Roms

15. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

They're not hard to unlock at all, takes 5 minutes with a MicroUSB cable and a PC.

16. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Quick question for all you HTC owners, I'm going to get one but I noticed there's no middle button like on Samsungs, how do you go to home screen, bring up settings etc ?

17. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

My era HTC does have a middle home button, I believe on two button models you long press one of the other keys, but I'm honestly not sure. The latest HTC One (M8) doesn't have physical buttons at all.

18. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I'm getting the M8 so I'm not sure what's going to happen there. Used to have a Hero back in the day, loved the chin and that trackball thingy even if it was just to play with when I was bored in class.

19. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

On-screen buttons mate, I'd assume the aspect ratio will be 16:10 on the screen instead of 16:9 and the extra space will be used for buttons as and when needed. I had the HTC Desire HD first, then moved to the HTC One X, my next whenever that may be could likely be the M8 too. But I don't use my phone enough to justify it right now, I really only use it for development testing lmao.

20. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Got it today, can't really do much seeing as I need a nano SIM instead of a micro SIM but I've started the tedious transfer process.
    I have to get it rooted though ASAP, till then I have to continue using the Note 2.

That said I'm not sure I'll keep it, don't get me wrong it is a brilliant phone in almost all respects other than the camera (don't care, I'm not a chick), lack of physical buttons (just a matter of getting used to things) and lack of stylus (novelty wore off within a month). That said I was expecting "more" in the 18 months, maybe it's just me or has the mobile industry come to a standstill - the only major improvements are the screen and 4G.

However I don't know what to expect really, I'm unfazed by gimmicks like that stupid fingerprint reader, they were implemented in laptops eons ago and didn't take off cos they were crap so I wasn't surprised when Apple took it on and then Samsung did too ¬¬

Ahhh revising just makes me bitter, I sound like a right T*** haha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.