Introductions I am a new person - What do I need to know?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by David Jackson, Thursday 1st Mar, 2012.

1. David Jackson Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi folks.
    My name is David, and I am a 34 year old paramedic living in Surrey, and working in London.

Until last week, I was driving a Peugeot 106 round, given to me by my father-in-law-to-be. Its final destination was my local garage, who promptly condemned the little french rattletrap.

Mate lent me a VW Golf for a few weeks, till I found something a little more permanent. I did my research (bored out of my mind) and went to look at a proper dog of a tourer. Then went to look at a saloon at a dealer to see what a four year old Accord should be like.

Finally found a nice one - '07 saloon 'sport' in graphite grey, 72K on the clock, for £5550. I am collecting on Tuesday next week.

So, tell me guys & gals - What do I need to know???

Kindest regards, David
  2. eternal422 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

What do you need to know? Well, you've just bought a wonderful car - reliable, drives real smooth and it will always put a smile on your face! Welcome to Honda ownership (and the AOC!)
  3. happy_tom Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Welcome indeed. I have been an accord owner for less than a week. Marvellous machine.
    You have chosen wisely.
  4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi David and a warm welcome to AOC , things to look out on our Accord is listed in the 7thgen section have look at the tips and suggestions.

But if you need assistance please ask away.
  5. dl0205 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi David and welcome, I've owned my 7th Generation Accord for 12 months now and have had no problems except one minor issue. So in all the car is reliable as long as you stay on top of the maintenance side of things and maybe follow some the sound advice on the AOC.
  6. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Hi David, and welcome to the Honda extended family.
  7. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hi & Welcome along I too have an Accord Sport but mines a Tourer and she's done done twice the mileage of the one your buying and is still a total pleasure to drive!
  8. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hi David, welcome to AOC. Good choice of car! :Smile:
  9. David Jackson Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi all.
    Thanks for the warm welcome.
    Expect lots of stupid questions, and plenty of eye-rolling.
  10. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello and welcome David to AOC
  11. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hi and welcome David don't worry you have come to the right place to get answers to your questions. Which I hope will be few when you get and drive the car. Think you'll enjoy the experience much better than a frog mobile