General I am officially a company car driver now

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ichiban, Wednesday 27th Aug, 2014.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    As of today I become a company car driver. I cannot use my own personal cars for business use. This has been on the back burners for years and now it has materialised.

So today the lease company has dropped of an Insignia as a courtesy car until I decided which Honda I go for. Insignia really :Blink: I hate the damn things... I have to put up with that soding thing until I get my Honda!

So I have decided to get the Honda Jazz Hybrid HX-T. I will be placing the order soon to get out this GM tin. Swindon cars will never buy one of your cars despite the fact I can chose any car I want from the fleet :Smile:

2. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    lol

Slightly related, I noticed the lip of my boot doesn't quite sit smooth with the rear panels and sits very slightly out, we are only talking about a few mm and barely noticeable, you can only really feel it but it still caught my eye. Doesn't appear to be any accident damage and the gaps are all even so when I was waiting for the manager at Honda yesterday I had a look at other CR-V's in the forecourt of the same age and also 2011 ones. I noticed that some were smooth, others protruded and others sat a few mm in.

Swindon build quality?

3. Zoot Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Scotland Ron Leeds
    I thought the Jazz was an old persons car LOL! Even I don't have one . ha ha

MickyB likes this.
  4. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    My in-laws have one and they are in their 60's hehe But then my sister-in-law is buying one and she's in her 30's....

5. Nels Moderator Staff Team

It's a marketing issue - Jazz for the old folk.
    They are really good cars. Older drivers buy them for size, reliability and economy. A few 'Jazzy' adverts aimed at the younger drivers could easily change that.
    It's the 'Anti-Sales Department' at HUK winning out again. :Sobbing:

6. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    lifestyle_pimped_rides1.

DeviateDefiant likes this.
  7. Nels Moderator Staff Team

:Aghast: :nea: :Aghast:

8. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    wtf, Honda Jazz Type-R? :eek:
    It actually looks quite smart if that's your kind of thing.

956138d1244524680-whats-new-whats-hot-east-your-border-honda-jazz-06_cte_pakwheels-com-.

956139d1244524680-whats-new-whats-hot-east-your-border-honda-jazz-07_dcv_pakwheels-com-.

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Its a car gets me to A to B for business needs, once its finished it can do my daughther as her first car, there is method in the maddness.

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Get a Picture of it bud

11. Nels Moderator Staff Team

This would appeal to the younger drivers. It would change the perception of the Jazz, such that it was no longer only for old folk !

12. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland

Here we go:

Rear%20Bumper.

But the gaps all look good.

Rear%20Bumper%20Gap.
    I still hate this photo thumbnail thing!

13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Ahh that is easy to fix open the boot you have two rubber grommets on the corners of the tailgate , turn them in a full 360 degree and close and see the gaps.

Adjust when you see the body line flush, if they can't be adjusted the tailgate has warped ever so slighly.

14. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    I'll give it a shot cheers! It seems to close fine at the moment (although you don't get that reassuring clunk - it's like a soft close/open) and so long as it doesn't let water in then if the grommet thing doesn't work then it won't bother me. As said, it's barely visible.

15. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    I've turned the grommets until they locked in place but no cigar I'm afraid. I'll just leave it, should be fine :Smile:

16. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    maybe the rubbers have compressed and deformed new one may help. Try that.