Off-Topic I can't believe this....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by RobB, Wednesday 8th May, 2013.

1. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

http://news.sky.com/story/1088447/savile-case-lead-to-persecution-lawyer-says

I am gobsmacked at this women's comments.
    She should be barred from her profession.
    Typical human rights lawyer.
    I suppose the nine year old that Stuart Hall abused doesn't have any rights!!!!

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Make you wonder was England a nation of predators and dirty old men ? All these allegation every week is shocking ...

As for this madam She needs a reality check :telloff:in front of a mirror.

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    :Aghast: lost for words on this one !

Actually quite a few words are coming to mind but they are all expletives.

4. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    I don't understand how anyone can have sexual relations with a nine year old. However, one of the worrying aspects of the publicity of these arrests is whether a number of those claiming to be abused have been. The prospect of eye watering damages from wealthy celebrities will be enough for some to chance their luck. My view is that the names of those arrested should not be published until they have been charged with specific offences. How can you prove, or disprove, an offence that happened thirty or forty years ago?

5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Not sure I agree there. Its a an absolutely heinous, inhumane and grotesque crime.

The only way to gather the evidence is to get all the victims to come forth and speak up.

Its the unity in their individual statements, the pattern, the commonality that nails the pedos.

If it was just individual cases then your right it would be hard to prove.

If in all of that there are some people trying to pull a fast one and lie to gain some fame or fortune, I'm sure the judicial system is good enough to catch them out.

6. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    "Trawling" by the Police was discredited some years ago when there were a lot of cases of abuse at local authority childrens' homes, when many innocent members of staff were wrongly convicted of offences through former inmates giving false evidence, in the hope of securing damages from the local authorities concerned. One classic case was of Dave Jones, then manager of Everton FC. He was suspended from his post and was tried for abusing some boys at an approved school where he once worked. Fortunately, it later transpired that he was not working at the school when these boys were inmates. It's far too easy to accuse someone, particularly when you remain anonymous. So called victims glean a lot of information from the press, and other media, to make up a convincing story. In the interests of justice both parties should remain anonymous.

7. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The cps will be well aware of people trying it on.
    The evidence will be based on evidence that isn't public.
    Take the scumbag Stuart Hall, the evidence against him was based on the fact the victims did not know each other but their stories were all of a similar pattern.
    Personally I think a lot of these celebs accused are probably guilty,there seems to have been an air of invincibility about them. Because everybody else was dojng it, they thought ghry could get away with it.
    Hopefully they will rot in jail until they die.
    Then buried or burnt with no publicity.

8. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    Stuart Hall pleaded guilty so no problem there.

9. FR-V Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Pete Lincs
    Having seen the attitude of a female judge when I let myself be persuaded to claim for a motorcycle accident injury by an incompetent "ambulance chasing" company, I can see the similarity of self rightious belief that they are a superior race and we are all money grabbing scum. (she looked gobsmacked when I walked in, I think she thought all bikers were young tattooed hooligans, not 60+ old farts!)
    They live in the same bubble as the government and top layers of industry, with no conception of what real life is like.

Ichiban likes this.
  10. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

He only pleaded guilty to save himself some jail time.
    Someone must have made it clear to him that the evidence was overwhelming. Did anybody see his pathetic previous denial where he said if it wasn't for the love of his family, he would've killed himself.

11. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    It's in the interests of justice that concern me. Offences such as this stir up the emotions, and it's too easy to condemn someone. When I was a young teacher - I only taught for six years - there were three cases at the school when innocent people were wrongly accused. The first case involved a middle aged teacher who was quite inoffensive and some of the kids took it out on him. On this occasion three girls accused him of interfering with them. The head suspended him immediately, and reported him to the Police.

After being questioned separately by a policewoman it became obvious the girls were lying. These particular girls were part of a nasty group who were always causing trouble. The next case involved two fifth year pupils, a boy and a girl. The girl was known to be rather free with her sexual favours, and was having sexual play with the boy involved on the playing field. When the girl arrived home her mother had finished work early and was in the house. The girl had grass stains and mud on her grey skirt and knickers which her mother saw. The result was the girl accused the boy of sexually assaulting her. Her mother 'phoned the school to complain, and the police were called. Eventually, it came out that the girl had lied, but the boy was removed from the school.

The third case did not involve the school directly, but some first and second year girls and two girls from a primary school, went in to Liverpool and told a yarn to two men about having lost their money and not being able to get home. I'm not sure about the rest of the story, but the men gave them a lift near to where the girls lived. The girls made up a story to their friends about having met a couple of men and having sex. The story got around and the primary school head informed the police. They eventually found out who the men were and they were arrested. They were charged with having committed sexual acts with the girls and had to appear in court. They were remanded for trial. Fortunately, one of the primary school girls told someone else that they had made it up for a laugh.

Fortunately, for the men, this was passed on to the police, and further investigations took place when all of the girls admitted lying. All of this was reported in the Liverpool Echo with their names and addresses appearing in a prominent position in the paper. It could so easily have gone wrong for these guys but for the little girl opening her mouth. Nobody knew the identities of the girls, but the mens' names were well publicised. Need I add more? My view is that both parties should remain anonymous until charged. Although this would not have helped the men in the last case. Children can lie their heads off, and the girls were believed because nobody could believe young girls were so sexually aware.