Bulletins & Advisories i-CTDi Diesel Driveshafts - Abnormal Vibration on Hard Acceleration

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Service News, Sunday 6th Nov, 2011.

1. Service News Staff Managed Dealer Information

UK
    On the I-CTDI Accord Saloon and Tourer and again on unmodified engine power outputs, the drive-shafts tend to show symptoms of excessive wear.

This wear is first noticed around mileage of 90k-100K mark, on smooth roads and under hard acceleration .You will notice unwanted feedback and vibration via the steering and via your seat. This condition is also can feel like an engine misfire. (DMF issue to be discussed on another thread.)

The only and effective solution is to replace both inner CV Joint (towards the gearbox) and boot. Members on a previous forum have replaced entire drive shaft or the inner bearing to completely eradicate to get a perfectly handing car under acceleration with the added silence thrown in with good measure.

TIP: If you are buying a second hand car please do necessary tests in accordance to the road conditions and road speeds. If you suspect any vibration on acceleration it is not wheel balancing. Wheel balancing and four wheel alignment do contribute to a neutral feeling car. Don’t let sellers con you on this.

Check all four rubber boots on the axles to ensure they are not ripped, leaking and are securely held in place preferably with metal straps.

SayamaAccord likes this.
  2. gedutism Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Re: i-CTDi Diesel driveshafts- abnormal vibration on hard acceleration

I have a bit of vibration,but I can be paranoid about that.Is there any other way to check that or its only sence of feelings :Smile:

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds

Bump to this thread.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds

Bump as I have asked this question frequently via PM's, please please look for stuff like this on the forum..:Thumbup:

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  6. nauest Premium Member Club Supporter

Netherlands Ned Texel
    SayamaAccord likes this.