Engine & Gearbox i-CTDi Old DMF and Clutch...

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by wahabishtiaq, Monday 25th Apr, 2016.

1. wahabishtiaq Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Wahab Ish hemel hempstead
    Hi Fellows,

Had recent DMF, CLUTCH change and here are pics of old stuff. Please share you thoughts and observations on below pictures. I have marked the play points in DMF if anything unusual.

Many thanks for sharing knowledge and observations in advance....

IMG_7002.JPG IMG_7003.JPG IMG_7004.JPG IMG_7005.JPG IMG_7006.JPG

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    How much play is in the DMF? between the two arrow? There are heat spot which isn't good, Clutch on I-CTDI never wear down to it rivets unless you been ragging it . Normally its the pressure plate which stops working.

You don't tow sheds do you on the back of your car?

3. wahabishtiaq Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I am going to be honest with you i have used car pretty rough in last 2 yrs where i use to pull it like hell. I don't get when you say it is worn down to rivets?
    - - - Updated - - -
    its just under 3.5cm between 2 arrows...

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    It quite clear it been pulling a freight train with those heat spots, TBH the pressure plate self adjuster give up the ghost and it lose it clamping force so the pressure plate is not working and clutch just slips like a dog.

wahabishtiaq likes this.
  5. wahabishtiaq Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I can imagine that it had a negative impact on DMF as well which is why it was in best interest to get both changed, i bought honda genuine clutch kit from eBay but there was a issue reported when it was fitted in as the spring pins of the pressure plate were not straight and hence the gearbox lever was not getting set as it should have so had to buy a brand new LUK clutch kit....

Ichiban likes this.
  6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Huh that doesn't sound right at all ! Are you sure it wasn't just the fact that the fitters just didn't use the pre-tensioner tool on the Honda kit as they should have done ?

7. wahabishtiaq Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Phil had the tool to donthisnjob as he is a ex honda tech, I don't have any doubt that dream honda won't have the tool to do this job, I can be wrong....

I will send you the pic of new clutch as the surface of the pressure plate doesn't look right as well...

8. wahabishtiaq Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

new clutch pressure plate pic...

Attached Files: