Engine & Gearbox i-DTEC auto gearbox making funny noise.

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by saulenas, Wednesday 20th Jul, 2016.

1. saulenas Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Saulenas London
    Hey team. I got noise in gear box then get heat up in traffic. engage gear in drive waiting for some seconds and after engage in neutral. as well then driving in slow speed 2nd, 3rd gear. gears changing normally and smooth. genuine Oil been changed on time. any advice? thanks

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    You say "automatic transmission fluid changed on time", does that mean recently ? If not when was it changed ? And when it was changed, what was the procedure used to change it ?

Also are you sure there is enough ATF in the box ? What is your procedure for checking the ATF level ?

The reason I keep mentioning ATF fluid is that delayed engagement and hot gearbox indicate fluid issues. You need the good fluid and fluid at the right level to build the pressure to operate clutches.

It would be worth flushing out the ATF fluid 3 or 4 times with new ATF taking the car for a 10 minute drive between each change to allow the fluid to fully circulate. You need to do the change 3 or 4 times as not all the fluid comes out when you drain the gearbox.

If the above full flush does not fix your problem then your gearbox seals have failed already and the gearbox will need to be overhauled or replaced with a good. So I highly advice you do a flush as per the above procedure first to see if this fixes the issue.

3. saulenas Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

First change at 75k. before that was just started this issue. I will do completely flush as you say. I checked with deep stick. level ok. before was as well. as I think needed proper flush so will be OK hope so.

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

5. saulenas Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I fill up 3 ltr then change. I check again if is ok level. if not make it right and as well make up fluid done 3 more times. hope so helps it for proper operation. cos now I think gearbox is bit dodgy then hot .

6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

There's a better way than that to do fill up. I'll explain in the morning.

7. saulenas Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks mate