Engine & Gearbox I-DTEC Oil Change Intervals?

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by TheDarkKnight, Friday 16th Mar, 2012.

1. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Might seem like a silly question for me to be asking, but just what are the recommended oil change intervals on the I-DTEC and do these vary if the car is operating with the SvRS system?

:Messed:

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  3. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Cheers CJ :Smile:

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    NP bud so are you going to change the oil frequently?

5. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Thankfully no I won't need to. Car was last serviced in Nov 2011 and with the SvRS saying I have some 8000 miles till the next service, I won't need an oil change soon. Most of my journeys are all on the motorway (and is probably why I have never ever had any DPF warning lights). The only time I do short runs is on the weekend, and even then that may be just a half day on Saturday, with the car parked up Sundays doing nothing.

:Smile:

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    good to hear you don't have issues with your DPF but people will jump on the bandwagon they do ..well you are the living proof it does NOT.

7. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Im no expert but I know enough to know that DPF-equipped cars need research. People buy diesel these days without thinking. DPF's don't like short journeys. And I suspect the reason why I have not (touchwood) had any issues is because for 5 days out of 7 during the week, I am blasting up and down the m-ways and ensure there's no congestion/contamination of the DPF. Then whenever I do have to make short journeys, they arent that many hence cannot clog the DPF up.

can't express in words how much of a dream its been to own this car - absolutely magical. And to top it off, I am regularly getting 55-70 MPG. Not even the crap from Germany can match that with their "Efficient Dynamics" or poxy "Blue Efficiency" badges. :Wink:

SayamaAccord and Ichiban like this.
  8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    That the funniest thing I have heard this month. rotfl3.

9. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Cannot tell you what disdain I have for cars from Germany....LOL

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I have made the observation a year ago bud, you are perching to the converted here.

11. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

LOL :Wink:

Well at least the oil change is not now going to be an issue. Just thought about it yesterday when I was watching CNN, of all channels!

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    CNN they have a habit of breaking news for friendly fire the FIRST. I wonder why.

13. narcosis Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Sorry for placing here but I added a comment on the Article but could not see where to Navigate back to the Article from the Forum homepage, hence I have added again here:Quick Question, the attached was useful (SvRS FAQ) but it did not explain how the SvRS is reset at service, is this through manual action or does the system automatically know i.e. if I perform the oil change myself what do I need to do to reset the system?Thanks,Neil

14. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    just posted the link on the other thread bud.