General I guess It Was Inevitable

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KIrby, Friday 12th Feb, 2016.

1. KIrby Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I don't know how it is for everybody else here, but for me living out in the country means braving those country roads on cold mornings while praying no unintelligent wildlife cross your path. Evidently, I forgot to pray this morning. On my way to town, I finally hit my first deer. I was driving my brother's van to take my daughter to school when out of nowhere BANG! there it was! I guess it's a good thing this is just a second vehicle for my brother that already has a few bangs in it or else I'd be paying a not so nice auto repair bill.

Attached Files:

2. MikeM-271048 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Italy Mike Bruno
    I think perhaps you got off lightly. Years ago my late father-in-law ran into a cow on a country road in Brittany. His Citroen was a write-off, because you don't run over a cow the way you run over a cat. The cow ended up on the bonnet (do you call it hood?) of the car, and the insurers decided they couldn't unbend all the metal. Perhaps your brother fitted a Saint Christopher somewhere in his car?

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    The damage doesn't look all too bad, how did the dear fare ?

4. stuscrv Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Spain stu lanzarote
    Least your still here to write about it ! Imagine the damage if you had hit big foot !
    I had a near miss with the loch ness monster while in Scotland recently, luckily my £10 tyres or in your case tires, stopped on a dime !

5. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    could have been worse. Glad you are alright.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    That picture looks like a Chrysler?

7. KIrby Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I know it could have been much worse. I am very thankful that a terrible accident did not occur and my daughter and I were not hurt. It was just very frightening to me because I had never hit any type of large animal before. I stopped down the road a little ways and went back and looked for the deer. I could not find it anywhere so I am guessing it ran off into the woods. And yes, it is a Chrysler. The van belongs to my brother and I am planning on buying my first Honda in the next month or so. That is why I joined here to find out more about them.

exec likes this.
  8. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Good to read you and your daughter are okay. Let's hope the deer is on the mend too.

Cars can usually be repaired. How did your brother react when he saw the damage?

9. KIrby Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thank you! Fortunately, he was not upset at all. He was more relieved that we were not hurt and that the damage was no more severe.

SpeedyGee and Nels like this.
  10. HondaHeritage Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
    yes a bit of an unpleasant experience glad the damage wasnt bad and no one hurt but ................dang you missed out on a bloddy tasty free meal there :happycrying:

FirstHonda and KIrby like this.
  11. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

As said by others, the important thing is that nobody was hurt - except perhaps the deer.

I once knew somebody who had their radiator holed by an unlucky rabbit (Fiat Punto) which led to some engine damage as he didn't realise until it started to overheat. After all, it was only a rabbit...

My brother also once had a Mini 1275GT badly damaged when hit hit a badger! Rural Bucks is a dangerous place...here be monsters.

12. qc2 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom quince Bromley
    that wiper debris on the porsche clip!

13. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    haha that was proper mince juice.. kind of something TopGear's V8 blender would make

14. HondaHeritage Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
    TopGear_Cow-on-Roof.

now THAT is what you call road kill

KIrby and legend-ary like this.
  15. MikeM-271048 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Italy Mike Bruno
    Must have been travelling faster than my father-in-law: onto the roof is definitely the way to go. Though this car may have had a lower profile than his GS.

16. stuscrv Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Spain stu lanzarote
    Funny how your thinking about buying a Honda, I'm thinking of going back to real cars, a 66 ford galaxie proper motor made of steel not tissue paper lol.

KIrby likes this.
  17. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    WHAAATTTTT ?

So Hondas are made out of tissue paper ?

Are you the new @pastore ?

18. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Actually @SpeedyGee I think the Swindon factory uses papier mache...:Laughing:

exec likes this.
  19. Nels Moderator Staff Team

I think all that sun and wind in Lanzarote has fuddled your brain. Best go and rest in a cool sheltered place until you're well again.

AccordCU2 likes this.
  20. stuscrv Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Spain stu lanzarote
    Well that and the cheapos beeros lol.
    - - - Updated - - -
    You all know I love bump really, although I fear next MOT even the best north sea oil rig welder would struggle to save her from the dreaded tin worm.