Off-Topic I hate rebuilding Windows machines

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Ichiban, Tuesday 3rd Dec, 2013.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I had to rebuild a few of my VMs at work for testing purposes. I have been using ninite for years for stripping the time to get all the relevant needed software which makes life easy on windows machine.

Anyone rebuilding a machine use it you will speed up your build times you will love it.. Ninite - Install or Update Multiple Apps at Once

You select your software and run the installer then and it will update them as and when there is a new update. For the Linux bods :Smile: Ninite for Linux

SpeedyGee likes this.
  2. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I had no idea there was a version of Ninite for Linux now, that's pretty damn useful.

Back in the days where things took days to download, my go-to was nLite, integrating applications into the Windows installation disc itself. Of course that got replaced by using system images that restored in a couple of clicks. Then it just didn't matter anymore because everything downloaded in the blink of an eye :Whistle:
  3. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

don't miss it one little bit been almost 7 years since I escaped the I.T job, ok trucking aint perfect but now when pc's go wrong I just wanna take a hammer to them :Whistle: