Off-Topic I have moved to Giffgaff from Orange.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Ichiban, Sunday 5th Aug, 2012.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    After staying with Orange for over 15 years, it was time to say asta lavista. I have seen a massive deterioration with Orange customer service in last four to five years.. I just about had enough of them. I have had good renewals from them despite these issues.

Over the last 4 years I have suffered multiple issues ranging from
    1 Billing.
    2 Extremely poor customer services.
    3 inflexibility to adapt to my requirements.
    4 oversea call centres.
    5 fraud on my account twice.

I got my PA Code off orange, and the rest is history. I have a iphone 4s unlocked from day one got the giffgaff micro sim in 5 days. PA code was transferred within 2 days.

Currently paying 10 pounds for 250 minute with unlimited data and unlimited text which is more than what I require and in the process saving 50 pounds a month. Unlimited Internet with a 10 pound goodybag | giffgaff.com

Helen coming to the end of her orange contract and guess who she gong to ..BTW giffgaff to giffgaff customers is a free call.

Anyone at the end of their contract this is the best way of saving money and getting a flexible and cheaper provider.

2. gouldy68 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I did much the same last Christmas. Moved from O2 to giff gaff and bought my iPhone 4s outright. What a saving. The giff gaff goody bags are the nuts. More than enough minutes for me and the unlimited data is a real bonus.
    Now even better that you can auto renew your goody bag each month.
    So far I have converted 5 oter people and earned myself some free credit in the process. My only gripe is the O2 network which is a little sketchy where i live.... Must be time to move!

Ichiban likes this.
  3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I cane the mobile internet on my phone , if I don't my daughter does. No more to pay data charges.

4. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    £10 a month for unlimited texts and data is pretty good. I'll take a look at this myself. Was considering cranking up my data usage by using my phone as a digital radio in the car. :Thumbup:

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I listen to absolute 80's all the time in the car and I am hammering the data usage

6. gouldy68 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I would defo recommend them. I'd get someone on here (yours truly) to post you a sim card. You get £5 credit and so does te person who sends the sim card.

7. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I found about about this recently from CJ.I will give it a go when my contract with Vodafone come to the end.I can't fault Vodafone,they been great for years I been with them but bit on expensive side hence why I will try these.

8. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Been on Giffgaff for some time myself. I advertised on a past Accord forum but one of the mods told me to remove the banner as I didn't have authority from the other moderators to put the link in my signature. Strange how it was the same person who only used the site to advertise his own business.......

Ichiban likes this.
  9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Vodafone has the best network coverage in the UK, you may want to be mindful of that .

10. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I know Vodafone have best coverage,one of the reasons I been with them for over ten years.
    With Giffgaff I will be paying 10£ a month instead of 30£ with Vodafone.
    I will give it a go and see how it goes.

11. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I've been with o2 since it was Cellnet I've now gone onto a business sim only tariff and as soon as i'm due an upgrade I'll move onto the Sim Only On and On tariff which is unlimited calls and texts to any uk landline and uk mobile and 1gb of data for £21.67 a month. 1GB of data is ok for me and gifgaf runs on o2 and they don't do an unlimited call plan so looks like i'll be sticking with o2.

You don't need to be a business to get a business contract I got it a while ago as it was the only way to get unlimited o2 to o2 and 10 landlines when they changed all there consumer tariffs.

12. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I have never had an issue with orange, they have always been ok for me to be honest but CJ has never got off to a good start with them- have to say that on this occasion I will be showing solidarity with CJ as they really have messed up appallingly & it's not good

13. bijomaru Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Rob Swindon
    Would these giffgaff sim cards and goodie bags work with a PC USB dongle to access internet? Might need something soon for few months.

14. bijomaru Premium Member Club Supporter

Ah I see they have data plans for dongles. Shame it's 3GB. Would need a lot more for the month.

Wouldn't a regular sim from their mobile plans work with a dongle?

15. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  16. bijomaru Premium Member Club Supporter

Wow. That'd be great. Worth trying for that price.

Are these plans based on like 12-months contract? Can't find any info.

17. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

All there plans are pay as you go so no contract at all. Giffgaff frown upon tethering except with their data bundles and you may find them stopping data if they discover you're tethering. There's loads of people asking that question on their forums. (Not sure how they'd tell however...)

18. bijomaru Premium Member Club Supporter

Firstly, I would have thought that they can see a device using the data transmission. So if you're using a dongle they should pick it up straight away.
    Secondly, with tethering through a phone, the other device will still have signed the data package so with a bit of digging it can be determined that the data coming through the phone is actually being delivered or sent to another device.

But as people are so openly speaking about this on their forums ... I am not sure. I know technologically they would not have any problem discovering that.

19. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    do you want to dodge this untill you are caught?