Electrical & Lights I know it's early days - but has anyone seen a bulb failure warning mesage?

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by BEA, Saturday 12th Dec, 2015.

1. BEA Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom BEA London
    Judging from the absence of any reference to bulb failure warnings in the 2015 manual it seems Honda have dropped them ?

Notes : Yes I know I could pull out an indicator or high beam lamp and see but it's cold outside :Smile:

2. BEA Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Darn . . . found the indicator bulb indication changes wit a dud bulb (page 95 . . why can't I delete dumb posts ? :brickwall: )

Still wondering about headlamp bulbs though . .

Ichiban likes this.
  3. Lisbon Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

With a total of 666 pages and the many, many pages of flow charts, the user manual seems more like a technical manual. Recently I spent 10 mins trying to activate traffic alerts before referring to the manual and then spent another 10 mins searching for the relevant section. A total of 20 mins! I used to enjoy browsing the user manual in a new car, but with this one, it is a last resort.

FirstHonda likes this.
  4. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

What makes it worse is that the indexing seems counter intuitive to me.

I've always found what I need, but it seems to take far too long...

...it could just be a sign of age, of course!

:Fear:

5. BEA Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

That's why I'd prefer a searchable pdf I could have on my phone (Available for US models)

6. Otaio engineer New Member Getting Started

England Chris WARWICK
    My first post as a new owner of a CV-V EX 1.6 diesel auto.
    What about side, tail and stop light bulbs? I cannot find any reference to bulb failure warning system in the 650+ pages of the manual. Also for those of us towing a trailer, it is a legal requirement to have either a trailer bulb repeater signal or a bulb failure indication. The trailer wiring is the full Honda kit. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks Chris

7. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    That's an interesting question about the trailer bulb defect warning and it's another one to add to the list of questions concerning the CR-V and towing (there are other threads on here concerning the lack of clarity around what happens when a trailer/caravan is attached).

I've come to the conclusion that, unusually in technical matters, Honda is a long way behind other manufacturers in this respect and also in the capabilities of it's infotainment systems.

Keith

8. Bomber209 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Lanky Aberdeen
    I believe that if it's full Honda kit it includes the trailer lamp recognition system.

9. Bomber209 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Lanky Aberdeen
    Trailer Brake light warning is through the VSA system, and Indicator lights via rapid blinking. You have to be using a 13 pin connection, not just a 7 pin with adapter.

10. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    Yes, I suspected that my 7 pin adapter may be causing a few problems but I'll just have to live with them as the trailer I'm using at the moment isn't mine and only has the 7 pin plug.

Keith

11. Otaio engineer New Member Getting Started

England Chris WARWICK
    Thanks for reply. Yes I am using the full 13 pin system so trailer indicator bulb failure is covered. However, I am surprised that Honda do not have a bulb failure system for side, tail and stop lights on the CR-V.
    Chris