Facelift Model I think we'll be leaving :(

Discussion in '1st Generation (2004-2011)' started by s60r, Sunday 8th Feb, 2015.

  1. s60r Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

    jas West Sussex
    54
    22
    Hi all,

    Just a quick thank you for all the excellent advice in my short time here.

    It seems my good lady (who drives the car on a daily basis) has made an error. We sold a Ford Galaxy to down size to the FR-V and we have really liked the car. Unfortunately we now need 7 seats more than ever! We now have an elderly relative that needs to travel with us, so we have spent the weekend looking at 5 + 2's.

    It looks like we are about 5 days from trading it in for a Quashqai +2. We are obviously going to loose a fair bit as we have only had it for 4/5 months!

    Soooo.... if you know of anyone who wants an FR-V please point them in my direction!! It has 18 months transferrable Honda used warranty, 45k miles and is spotless. Anyone who wants to offer above the trade in value will be most welcome! :Smile:

    Anyway, thanks once again for a friendly and informative community.

    All the best

    :Smile:
     
  2. dbrooks65 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

    Scotland Dave glasgow
    286
    114
    Loading...
  3. jd1959 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

    Ireland Zack Kilkenny
    367
    180
    Before you look into squishing into the back 2 seats in the Quashqai +2; have a quick look into StepWGNS (2L) and Elysions (2.4L) County Cars of Strood Nissan Elgrand Honda Stepwag possibly the Stream (1.7L) or a Mobilio (1.5L) all have proper length (knee to foot) leg room in the 3rd row. Also with the exception of the Stream a reasonable amount of boot space, always been an issue with 7 seaters.

    Any case good luck with whatever you choose to purchase.
     
    Loading...
    DeviateDefiant likes this.
  4. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

    United Kingdom Leo Northants
    9,206
    2,977
    3
    @jd1959 took the words out of my mouth there. You can still get yourself Honda reliability with 7 Seats :Smile:

    Regardless on what you end up deciding upon, best of luck on the new car purchase. If you want to tempt some members to buy your current one, best popping up what you'd be after or what the trade-in value is :Smile:
     
    Loading...
  5. s60r Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

    jas West Sussex
    54
    22
    Thanks guys the elysion looks really interesting. I've seen the stream and stepwagon but never the elysion. 8 seats too!

    I will show the wife as soon as she is home from work. We went to the FR-V from having 2 previous Galaxy's.... She was fed up with driving "a bus" and has enjoyed the more car like FR-V. 80% of the time the car travels with 3 or 4 occupants so the Galaxy wasn't being utilised and was big. The other 20% of the time we need 6 or 7 seats so the part time qashqai fits her size requirements and 80% of the driving.... Will see what she says. Any idea what the real world MPG would be guys?

    I'll do some research!

    Thanks again. :Smile:
     
  6. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

    United Kingdom Leo Northants
    9,206
    2,977
    3
    With large petrol engines not great, if it's a 2.0 or 2.4 you're looking at about 40-42mpg tops on the motorways, and probably about 30-32mpg combined in the real world. Of course, petrols can be LPG'd, from my understanding the price is currently only around 35p per litre, big savings, but an initial outlay to get there.
     
    Loading...
    s60r likes this.
  7. s60r Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

    jas West Sussex
    54
    22
    Thanks DD.

    Wow... that Elysion was popular! It sold very quickly.
     
    Nighthawk likes this.
  8. Nighthawk Guest

    United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    5,369
    3,146
    14
    Good luck with your search @s60r - as others have stated here, there are still Honda cars which hit the criteria you have stated. Hope you find something that suits your family and the boss.
     
    Loading...
    s60r likes this.