Off-Topic "I want that car" - ITV4 programme

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by FirstHonda, Sunday 3rd Nov, 2013.

1. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Stumbled across this programme - "I want that car" - on ITV4 a few days ago. Basically a re-work of the old "Used Car Roadshow" which was presented by Jason Dawe and Penny Mallory, but this time with presenters I've not seen before.

Anyway, if you are interested in cars and there is nothing else on, worth a watch based on the couple I've seen, even if some of the advice seems a bit flawed in my opinion.

Saw an episode this morning where a chap with a Peugeot wanted a new car, as the Pug hadn't been very reliable. He didn't want another French car, and would only look at German cars as he wanted reliability...:lol:

They didn't correct him, obviously! :Blink:

2. Bowler Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Absolute rubbish, On a par with escape to the country non buyers being shown something they never asked for.

3. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

It is a rubbish program but I still watch it. Its not like there's many car programs to watch. I need a new series of wheeler dealers :Smile:

4. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

^^Ha ha, yes indeed. They should do an S2000.

Mike Brewer used to do radio adverts for a local Mazda dealer round here. I'm sure they weren't going for the "...we buy old cars and do them up to sell on to you..." message though! :Smile:

5. Sadsack Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mo Cheshire
    Yeah I have been watching this series the past few weeks and although it is so cheesy that it makes me want to puke, the fact that it is car related is the only thing that stops me smashing the TV up!

Last nights episode was like they were an advertisement for Porsche.