Facelift Model I wonder?

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by Ray Ambrose, Tuesday 18th Jun, 2013.

1. Ray Ambrose Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Ray Cambridge
    I wonder, has anyone gone to a Honda dealer lately, and ordered a factory Honda Accord from Honda Japan. Not one that's laying around the dealers in England .Can you still factory order from Japan? I would love to know?

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    yes they have and it ended with a lost sale and a Honda customer. However on the current offers in the UK you will see a Accord with an offer for the first time since 2009 :telloff:

90% of all Accord went to BTO aka Built To Order with leads times of 30-40 weeks! I waited 27 weeks for mine last year.

3. Ray Ambrose Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Sounds like the sort of offer meant to deter customers...

4. Topper Harley Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

27 Weeks.......... Holy sh1t :Aghast: .

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Yes they want customers to buy Swindon made cars.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I know but worth the wait, amazing car.

7. Ray Ambrose Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

In 2008, when I ordered my Milano Red, EX,Gt, ADAS...The salesmen at Cambridge Honda were falling over themselves to order my car. They quoted an order time of four weeks at the most. And it came in just under that. So sad to see the deterioration now. You know, just want to get things off my chest, excuse me, but the honda legend just disappeared for lack of advertising. A great car... Then Honda gave up on F1 racing. Now talk of them giving up on the Accord....So sad to see a company with ledgendary engineering skills waving the white flag...so sad...

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  9. cred Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom London
    Saw a Legend today in the company car park and I was drooling all over it.

6 pots SH-AWD and loaded with toys but won't sell here because when it gets to that sort of price range, people only want to buy 3 brands.

Having said that I am (to a lesser degree) also a fan of the Phaeton which I reckon is also a victim of badge crazy consumer.

10. Rakoribs Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

After all the talk of new Accords disappearing form the forecourts, i was surprised to see my local Honda dealership had x2 new 2013 Accords for sale on the forecourt.
    Is this unusual, or are the discussions more related to where the car was manufactured, ie Japan or Swindon? (how do you tell the difference?).
    Cheers, Mark.