General Ideas For My Next Car?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Neil, Tuesday 19th Nov, 2013.

1. Neil Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Neil Newton Abbot
    It seems I may get the all clear to be allowed to drive again in the new year which I'm really happy about.
    Have needed some good news to look forward to.
    So what do you suggest?
    It must be an automatic.
    I'm not bothered about the number of doors, don't have any kids, only ever me and one other person occasionally.
    Don't do many miles, so don't need a diesel.
    I'm a big chap, 6' 5" tall so nothing too small, I love the S2000 but can't get in it, so that's out.
    Budget, up to £3k. :Smile:

2. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I'd get an older 3.5L V6 Legend personally if automatic is a must. I'd been looking for an excuse to buy one for a long time, beautifully crafted machines.

$%28KGrHqR,!mIFJpYzrhGlBSc5b5oy-!~~60_12.JPG

You've also got quite a few automatic Preludes floating around, I don't know if the Integras ever came with an auto box in this country. Neither are very spacious though.

Neil likes this.
  3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Excellent news you will be back behind the wheel..a 7th Generation accord will be perfect 2.4 auto.at 6'5" you may find it a tad tight but try it.

Neil likes this.
  4. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Lovely to hear that mate. Civic range from 01-05 were fantastic auto cars and if its for 2 passengers max then it's more than adequate, if you want more power go for the type-r variant. :Smile:

Neil likes this.
  5. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    He might find a Civic a little small, Type-R would be out of the question as they're not automatics.

Neil likes this.
  6. Honey Badger Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Richie Northants
    Type-S Civic is a bit of a sleeper, it's a lot easier to live with day by day as well, I'm 6'3" and I had loads of room in it.

Try an Accord Coupe, I love mine and theres plenty of room, it's quiet, refined and well equipped, V6 auto boxes are fragile though, don't know what the 2lt autos are like.

Honda Accord 3.0i V6 2dr Auto 1 Lady Owner, Low Mileage

Or you could try a Civic Coupe with an auto, might be a bit small though.

Honda Civic 1.7 VTEC 2dr +LOW MILES+BODY STYLING+

Neil likes this.
  7. Neil Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Been ill again which is a nightmare and on yet more drugs. I take that many a day I now rattle....lol.
    That's a nice looking Legend but for me would be a waste of a nice car as I didn't do a lot of driving, over the past 4 years I have only been doing a 1000 miles a year. This past year is 20 miles in January.
    I reckon I would like something up to a 2 litre, have no reason for anything above as I don't drive that far when I did go out.
    That Civic Coupe is nice except that one has a manual gearbox which is no good to me.
    I know the later Civics did an auto but I have heard the ride is really hard and I'm not sure if I could get into one.
    Strangely enough the first Honda Jazz that came out I can get into and drive but you don't seem to see them for sale these days.
    But I reckon because of my difficulty in getting into a car I will look at the older CR-V that's if I can find one that hasn't been messed around with.
    My max ceiling at a push is £3k but anything cheaper would be more desirable.

I would have put my Accord back on the road except that the money that I would have to spend outweighed the cost of buying another vehicle, it was just a case of simple maths.

Thank you for your suggestions, it's very much appreciated.

8. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

^^I would have thought that would make a Legend an ideal choice - as fuel costs kept under control, and with insurance on limited mileage?

Imagine wafting around in something that great, and that cost SO much when new. Well worth it I'd say! And as DD says, some great ones around...the second one is within budget AND at a Honda dealer.

Honda Legend 3.5 V6 4dr Auto 43K PSH AC CD LEATHER

Honda Legend 3.5 V6 4dr Auto

- - - Updated - - -

^^I would have thought that would make a Legend an ideal choice - as fuel costs kept under control, and with insurance on limited mileage?

Imagine wafting around in something that great, and that cost SO much when new. Well worth it I'd say! And as DD says, some great ones around...the second one is within budget AND at a Honda dealer.

Honda Legend 3.5 V6 4dr Auto 43K PSH AC CD LEATHER

Honda Legend 3.5 V6 4dr Auto

Only thing about that second Legend...isn't it a bit odd that the seats are cream, but carpets and trims are black? Have they been changed at some point or were they available to order like that?

Neil and DeviateDefiant like this.
  9. Neil Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I must admit both of those Legend's do look nice and yes the second one with the cream leather interior does look odd.
    They have that many toys fitted that I wouldn't want to get out....:lol:
    Plus all my friends would be jealous as hell if I turned up in one of those.
    Definitely worth considering and yes, you are right I can easily afford to run it, a good find.

DeviateDefiant likes this.