General If the Neighbours Didn't Already Think I was Honda Crackers...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by John Dickson, Monday 7th Jul, 2014.

1. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Ordered these on line the other day.

DSC01587.JPG

Now I hope I've got them on straight and symmetrical - spent 20 min measuring up just thought I had it right then minor adjustments and minor adjustments.... Don't know how they'll last up to scrubbing dead flies off and Autoglym insect remover but we'll see....

The neighbours already think I'm Honda obsessed. The people over the road had a visitor with FR-V when I was doing this but was too busy trying to beat the rain to take much notice of it (thankfully they're probably thinking :lol:)

As I'm a fan of Japanese manufacture and it's isn't shouted about as much as it should be I also couldn't resist this:

DSC01586.JPG

Made a mess of fitting it but it wasn't expensive so may get another or I may just rip it off....:Whistle:

Last edited: Monday 7th Jul, 2014
  2. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Nice touch John
    I like it.

John Dickson likes this.
  3. Nels Moderator Staff Team

It's all relative. From your point of view, you're the normal one and the neighbours are odd :PullFaces:

4. ACC-CDI-2T Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Cologne
    Ha, ha, just searching for a Honda umbrella, I feel to be at the edge to Hondaism too. :Laughing:
    p.s. pherhaps you can protect your stickers with some hard wax?

MickyB and John Dickson like this.
  5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I want those stickers John I need the URL's..

John Dickson likes this.
  6. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Thanks Zoran. Just thought I'd try them on the car and see but I'm pleased with them

Just waiting for my JDM "Power of Dreams" sticker to come from Singapore to go on the boot lid somewhere....

Definitely Nels. My drive has the Honda on it so that's all the proof needed.

Hi ACC-CDI-2T definitely go for it. Loads of Honda stuff on EBay not seen any umberellas but you never know what's going to turn up. Yes I've got some Autoglym Super Resin Polish and the sealer so going to try putting some of that on on.

No probs CJ the "Made in Japan" was from EBay

MADE IN JAPAN BUMPER STICKER FUNNY DRIFT JDM 4x4 HONDA FORD EURO | eBay

or

x3 Rising Sun Made in Japan Decals/Stickers | eBay

and the Honda ones from Demon Graphics

ACC-CDI-2T, Ichiban and Nels like this.
  7. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

John Dickson likes this.
  8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Jace both are genuine my first gen Accord has the first on the top front slam panel! but that can come in handy for other 1st genner looking for the original sticker.

Thanks John ordered some stickers.

John Dickson likes this.
  9. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Those both look great Jace.

They're great stickers. Love the Made in Japan one especially when I'm in front of some Deutsche turd....

Thought about getting "If it aint Jap, it's crap" sticker but don't want to rub it in too much , they've already got an inferiority complex, bless.... :Pathead:

Nice one CJ got to fly the Honda flag seeing as HUK don't seem to want to bother to.

10. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

My JDM "Power of Dreams" Sticker arrived today.... :Happy:

If I can beat the rain it's going on the car tonight and a photo will be posted.

DSC01592.JPG

Duc de Pommfrit and Racy Jace like this.
  11. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Here we go folks. Not convinced I've made the best of jobs lining it up so hope it looks ok.

I measured meticulously to get it centred but the mistake I made was assuming that a reg plate characters are centred around a mid point - i.e. "Newcastle Honda" logo is central.

It is almost to the millimetre at the centre of the outline of the plate but not convince this is exactly mid point along tailgate. Can't quite work out if it is wrong as I measured up the centre point of reg plate :Unknown:

Does it look ok? Cheers.
    DSC01593.JPG DSC01594.JPG

12. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I'm sure that in the centre but the reg plate makes it look a bit off. That said, from a glance I doubt it would be obvious. Maybe get a Honda themed numberplate that is correct aligned? :Laughing:

13. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

All the drunk Geordies won't know the difference John :beer :GoodJob: they look really good.

John Dickson likes this.
  14. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Oh and this is mad about Honda I take my drinks out in this
    image.
    COOLBAG

Nels and John Dickson like this.
  15. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I'm certain it's centred as well as I've looked closely at it with the tailgate open and the middle line of 8th Generation tailgate is obvious as it comes to a very gentle point. Looking up the tailgate from there, the centre line looks bang on the middle of the sticker, well maybe a millimetre off but still centred. Still doesn't look quite right to me but I think I know why. Every old style reg I've seen today with 2 numbers is slightly off centred. The gap in the "middle" is not in the middle if you see what I mean. They keep the regulation space but shove the end three letters over to the left a bit. I never would've realised this til now. A 3 numbered plate would have the middle space bang on the middle of the vehicle more or less.
    you're right there Micky. It's the drunk Geordie reg makers that caused the problem :beer :lol:

That coolbag is class.

16. PeteMM Premium Member Club Supporter

Northern Ireland Pete Belfast, UK
    hahaha, a sick bunch of characters.....

I can't even begin to list my honda stuff, but i'll give it a go...

• Seiko Honda Racing 7T92 Watch with the TiCN bezel (very very rare)
    • Honda "Silencers" for the baby
    • Various T-Shirts
    • Various hoodies
    • White Honda Racing wind/waterproof jacket
    • Black Honda Fleece
    • Large red/black Honda Racing winter jacket
    • Ex-Dealership signage
    • 2 ft tall H in my office
    • 3 or 4 pairs of GAS jeans
    I'll update if I remember anything

Chunkylover53 and Nels like this.
  17. Phil1978 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Phil Salisbury
    None of you got a sneaky Honda tattoo hiding somewhere :Grin:

PeteMM and Nels like this.
  18. PeteMM Premium Member Club Supporter

Not yet

19. Phil1978 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Phil Salisbury
    We could always go one step further and get you to knock us up a branding iron @PeteMM

DeviateDefiant and PeteMM like this.
  20. PeteMM Premium Member Club Supporter

I actually branded a friend with the maltese cross one night out on the lash. It was a steel keyring with a leather back. I had been running a zippo over it for the guts of half an hour under the table, then brought it up above the table.
    He thought he was being the cocky one saying "oh, brand me" so I did, just above the nipple. The smell of bacon still hasn't left my lungs 6 years later

Phil1978 likes this.