Finished IHM 2015 - Sunday 19th of April - Hotel/Truckstop NOBIS, Asten, NL

Discussion in 'Events and Meetings' started by HondaRBy, Thursday 8th Jan, 2015.

1. HondaRBy Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Netherlands Roy Kessel
    IHM_FRM1.

Date: Sunday, April 19th, 2015
    Time: 12:00 - 18:00 o'clock (CET)
    Place: Hotel/Truckstop NOBIS, Nobisweg 1, 5721VA Asten NL

Entrance fee: Only 2,- Euro per car.
    + 5,- Euro when you want to enter your car in the competition, to win a price in one of the following categories:

* Extreme Mods *
    The car that has been most modified with CUSTOM touches.
    Preferably created and/or thought out by themselves, not just bought some parts off a shelve and put on the car.

* Different Factorylook *
    A car that clearly has been modified, isn’t stock anymore, but it looks like this is the way the car should have rolled off the assembly line;
    made some improvements to the look but is still clearly in HONDA (factory) style. OEM look, but with a twist..

* Show ’n Shine *
    The best show-car around. This is the winner of the winners, could have gotten a price in most of the categories.

* Golden Oldie *
    The best looking HONDA, 25 years or older (pre-1990).
    This can be modified, or stock. In general the best looking HONDA of that age.

* Under Construction *
    Doesn’t look the part yet (actually, it looks bad now), but the owner clearly has big plans for this car.
    This price is to encourage him to continue the work, and/or get moving!

* Bone Stock *
    Like it just rolled off the assembly line from the HONDA factory. It has to be clean to the max, without any modifications,
    or the least amount of modifications done to it. Stock/OEM options are, of course, allowed and appreciated.

An independent jury will judge all cars, that have paid to enter the competition and have the participation certificate
    clearly visible behind the windscreen, for all of the above mentioned categories..
    They decide who gets a well-stocked goodie-bag from Showoff Imports AND a very nice trophy as their reward.
    Especially for the * Under Construction * category, Showoff Imports has yet another very special something
    to come with the goodie-bag, just to make sure he/she can finish the job with a high quality product.

There will be an additional prize (and everyone can win this) for that one HONDA that has travelled
    the longest distance to come to this meeting.
    This certain someone will receive our special IHM Globetrotter Award.
    What this prize is all about, we won't tell just yet. So...: Come and find out!

There will be a couple special sections on the parking lot, like a:
    TIME ATTACK / RACE / RALLY Area, where there's a gathering of very nice HONDA's,
    that are really active in rally and/or racing.
    Most likely we'll also have a couple of CLUB Areas for the bigger HONDA clubs.
    If you would like to apply for such an area, please contact us via mail: rbgraphx@home.nl or simply send
    me a personal message on this forum.
    We will do our best to accommodate everyone's need, but can't give any guarantees.

S T A N D S
    Also this year, we'll have a couple of interesting companies as "stands", like:
    - Showoff Imports (As our main sponsor and partner)
    - HONDAMOBILIA : Honda models and diecasts
    - StickerDUMP : Stickers and such
    - CustomDip : PlastiDip and CarWrapping
    - World Of Sticker : Stickers and such
    - Driven2Shine : Car care products
    - Clutch Masters : Performance clutches and - flywheels

To create a professional photoshoot of this meeting,
    Shot At Speed present again to take lots of incredible pictures of you and your car.
    Pictures of last year's photoshoot of IHM 2014 can be seen on Facebook via this link:
    IHM - International HONDA Meeting 2014 | Facebook

IHM_FRM2.

* ATTENTION *
    We would like to ask all visitors, that are on the parking lot of Hotel/Truckstop NOBIS, to abide to a few simple rules:
    - Drive slowly ánd carefully on the parking lot. Do not do sprints or anything like that. We would like to avoid any damage.
    - Look around you; keep an eye on your surroundings.
    - Don't do burnouts.
    - No excessive engine revving.
    We are but guests here and hopefully we can all behave ourselves accordingly,
    we would like to be able to use this nice location, in future, again.
    We thank you for your understanding!

We will do our outmost best to make sure everything runs smoothly and will help you to a good parking spot.
    We can't be held responsible for any damage, despite our efforts, that might still occur.
    Hence we would like you to: take it real easy and be careful.

Finally we would like you to have a look at our website:
    IHM 2015

and take a look at this event, that is also mentioned of Facebook:

In 2014 we had about 420 cars gathered, coming from Belgium, Germany, The Netherlands and some other countries.
    We welcome ALL HONDA'S, from any age, in any state. There's no preselection or anything like that.
    It's all about the love for the brand and what it is that makes us an HONDA enthusiast.
    We're hoping that we can break last year's record and get even more HONDA'S gathered.

We can't wait!
    Hope to see you all there!

Ichiban likes this.
  2. HondaRBy Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Netherlands Roy Kessel
    Must have been doing something wrong...? This event is marked as "finished", but should be upcoming?

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Fixed it for you :Smile:
    - - - Updated - - -
    @DeviateDefiant fancy a trip out?

4. HondaRBy Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Netherlands Roy Kessel
    Much appreciated, @Ichiban ... but was it something I could've fixed myself?

5. HondaRBy Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Netherlands Roy Kessel
    If some of you are thinking of coming over, let me know. I'll make sure you'll have a separate section. And don't forget, the location is a hotel, just in case you would come one or more days early.We could eventually also organise a little get together or something with a bunch of Honda enthusiasts??? Just an idea.

Ichiban likes this.
  6. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

South Africa Roger Oxford, UK
    Hmmm..... trip to Holland in my Civic.... What's not to like ?
    I may have to give this some serious thought. Did someone say 'convoy' ? :jumpy:

HondaRBy and Ichiban like this.
  7. HondaRBy Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Netherlands Roy Kessel
    Now, THAT's the spirit, @RogerH69
    And remember... the one HONDA that has travelled the longest distance to get to this meeting, will receive the socalled "IHM GLOBETROTTER AWARD"!
    I will not tell you what that is, exactly.... but I can tell you it's worth the trouble!

8. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

Hmmmm - others in the UK will probably count as being further away than me (unless I go through all the border checks using my South African passport, because then I'm officially travelling from South Africa :Smile: ).

Alternatively, if I 'get lost' along the way from Oxford to the event, and end up doing an extra couple hundred miles, that might help :Rolf:

9. HondaRBy Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Netherlands Roy Kessel
    LOL !!!! I like your thinking.

10. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    Get the ferry from Newcastle to Amsterdam

11. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Use Apple Navigation app :Tongue:

Nels likes this.
  12. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Does anyone actually use that?

13. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    £88 return was the cheapest price I could find including the car.

14. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

According to Google and Bing, it's between 6.5 and 8 hours drive for me from Oxford. first time I'd be driving on the wrong side of the road though...

So seriously guys - anyone else considering a road trip / convoy of some sort?

15. HondaRBy Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Netherlands Roy Kessel

Timelapse at the "entrance" last year....

16. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    @Ichiban - yes I'd be up for the drive out!

HondaRBy likes this.
  17. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

As I said before... did I hear someone say 'Convoy' ? :Grin:

HondaRBy likes this.
  18. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Mate, I'm all for it. Other than the cost of the ferry and fuel, it's only a few days off work :Laughing: