Aftermarket Kit Illuminated Door Sill Garnish

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by TheDarkKnight, Thursday 5th Apr, 2012.

1. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    For starters the rear door sill on the Honda genuine accessories don't light up , these do and for the price comparison to the OEM , there is no compettion.

Honda OEM look the business as they are well made these are an unknown. I say they deffo a worth a punt bud.

3. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

You're gonna bankrupt me before my wife and kids do! :Wink:

Waiting for a reply from seller about postage costs. For what they are, his charges are bloody excessive.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    need to know basis it works for me.. you wearing the trousers does help.

5. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Seller said he can ship for a tenner. Might consider it...

6. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Had them on my 4th Generation...they make all the difference.

7. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

They do look good. Go on. You only live once....

8. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I have the existing plastic ones at the moment. What are these held on with?

don't want to break them when removing them if at all possible!

9. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Not sure but wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't just double sided foam pads or something. Can you tell from Lings drawings.

10. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I'll have a closer look in the morning and report back.

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    They do have some locator tabs the door sills have slots to receive them and double sided tape. On the OEM sills they have plastic tabs and then metal tabs on top which expand internally into the sill for additional grip.

Small tip when removing the OEM trim make sure the metal clips are not left into the door sill as when you come to fit the new fancy plate this metal clip won't allow the tab to go in and it can bend the plastic tab which you don't want....and potentially damage it

This will result in force being applied and the pin falling inside the sill...which you can get out again..

Make you have a long nose plyer and remove this metal clip and slide it on the tabs them it goes in easily... I will post some pictures of this.

12. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Cheers CJ

Not yet made the purchase due to the sellers bidding policy etc, but when I get them, I'll let you know how I get on installing them. Gonna need to know how I power them up for a start!

13. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

They will look miles better than plastic I reckon.

Every day for 9 years when I got in my 6th Generation I looked at the plastic and wished they were metal like the 4th...should have done something about it I guess.

Don't notice it as much on the 7th because my eyes are feasting on the lovely beige leather LOL

14. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

To be fair, I don't mind the plastic ones as the colour match the sills. But it would be nice to have these illuminated ones :Grin:

15. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Yep it was a dull and uninspiring black plastic on the 6th that didn't match...uninsipiring and a bit depressing even

16. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I just had a look for Honda OEM illuminated sills and they are 400£ plus.Too expensive for me.

17. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yup - and thats why these ebay ones seem a fair price. And worth taking a risk on.

18. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Absolutely worth a shot and see what they are like.

19. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I'd happily pay £150-odd for the OEM ones, but over £400 is something I cannot justify.

20. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★