Introductions I'm on my second Accord, thie time a diesel

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by DJ Wozza, Tuesday 19th May, 2015.

1. DJ Wozza Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Wozza Bromley
    I used to own a secondhand 1999 1.8 manual Executive Sport in Pearl Green, I kept it pretty standard with Bose 6 CD system & just changed the wheels to smething a bit more stylish. Then after 6 years of ownershi & around an extra 100k miles I swapped to a Lexus IS200. I had no plans to modify that, but got bitten by the modding bug.

The Lexus got Supercharged, stiffened anti roll bars, braided brake line, custom GAZ Coilover Suspension, GHKS SuperDragger Exhaust,18" staggered rims, big ICE including front & rear cameras for track days, DVD, Freeview TV, custom LCD dash mounted screen, auto mirror closure module etc etc etc. Anyway got a fair bit of money back selling the mods & putting the car back to near standard for sale time. I needed something far more economical so a 2006 Accord 2.2 I-CDTI Executive came to replace it (approved used from John Banks Honda Ipswich).

The plan was no more go faster mods, just keep it standard but got really big on the ICE install, but retaining a fairly stock look to avoid attracting the wrong sort of attention,. I fell seriously ill after contracting meningitis just after I started the install, so it took many months to complete rather than maybe just 1, it is now 99% completed, just a few cosmetic touches to finish off as & when time & finances allow. I'm still not back to 100% fighting fit physically myself yet, but I'm still alive & I'm slowly getting there.

Oh and I know I wasn't going to modify anything else, but as the wheels were absolutely awful, they had to go, I couldn't bear to look at them one second longer when some EP3 Type-R rims became available, a quick refurb later & they were on!!

1-2.

They reminded me of these so had to go!!
    newer%201375.

Much better & actually look like they should be there....
    image-7.

Nighthawk likes this.
  2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Welcome to Honda Karma Wozza :Hey:

Good to hear you are getting better.

Add your car to the Club Garage, would love to hear (and see) more about the ICE install.

Nice job on changing the alloys, your new ones look much better.

3. DJ Wozza Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks Gee, glad to be here. I have blogged the build elsewhere but I will copy most of the relevant parts over with all the pictures.
    How many photos can I link to in each post as I know some forums have a limit?

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

There's no limit. It's best to upload your photos onto HK rather than link them.

5. DJ Wozza Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

99% finished, I need to make a battery box from ally sheet, then custom fit a lightly tinted perspex panel in front of the amp rack

27SubwooferLitArtyShot.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Will do, that will actually be a little bit easier, but will need a day or two to sort it.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Will do, that will actually be a little bit easier, but will need a day or two to sort it.

6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

That looks pretty impressive mate. Looking forward to seeing the full Project Log.

7. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Welcome to HK Wozza. :welcome:

Sounds like you've had a tough time. Hope you get back to 100% soon.
    I'm looking forward to seeing your CN1 in the Club Garage. :Hey:

8. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Welcome to HK Wozza, she looks in lovely condition. How does it feel going from the lexus to the Accord? The 7th Generation Accords are quite awkward to do any significant ICE upgrades on so look forward to seeing what you have done to it.

Hope you get better soon

Oh, remember to add your car to the club garage when you get a chance.

And we love build logs, bring it on

9. DJ Wozza Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

it was a major headache & then some..... 2015-01-23 11.08.00 HDR. 2015-01-23 11.08.25.

10. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Is that a custom fabbed double din adaptor in place of the lower pocket @DJ Wozza ?

11. Accord_N22 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Glad to hear your health in on the mend and also that your back in a Honda.
    How was the lexus IS200 to drive? I nearly bought one instead of the Accord, sometimes I feel I should have as the lexus offers much better refinement than the accord but I have always been a Honda man at heart so I stuck with my guns and stayed with Honda.

Your audio setup is very impressive
    welcome to HK

12. DJ Wozza Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

it certainly is buddy along with a custom fitted fascia surround as the darn thing had double curvature FaciaTruimmed2 (1). Primed. Finished. 2014-07-08151854.

13. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Top stuff, I should shut up now and wait for full details in the Project Log :Whistle:

DJ Wozza likes this.
  14. DJ Wozza Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Driving a FWD car on stock fairly soft suspension was a bit of a shock at first, the Lexus was on adjustable GAZ coilovers (development car for GAZ) and TTE ARB's with larger wheels & tyres than stock, so it handled pretty well, so much so it had taken me round the Nurburgring. I bought the Honda to save fuel and only really boot it in a straight line & even then it's not that often. It's a compromise I was willing to make, and I just promised myself the full on ICE install as compensation :Grin:

1934185_10425460877_2574_n. 1934185_10425440877_904_n. 1934185_10425485877_2205_n. 1930638_26361660877_5431_n. 280175_10150231463065878_1769287_o.
    267075_10150237145260878_4034642_o.

Accord_N22 likes this.
  15. Accord_N22 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

awesome mate, lexus looks great on track :Smile:
    how much BHP was the lexus running with the supercharger?
    I bet you surprized a few people on track - lol

16. DJ Wozza Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

about 220bhp, it was an auto so impossible to dyno accurately as you couldn't lock it in top, not fast off the line but boy it had some torque so above 30mph it picked up very well.

17. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

220 BHP are you sure, seems a bit low ? They're 2.0 6 pot engines aren't they 211 standard ?
    - - - Updated - - -
    Or maybe I was thinking of the Alteza's there.

18. DJ Wozza Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Altezza 4 pots with Yamaha heads are around 210bhp, the standard Lexus straight 6 cylinder 2.0l is just 153 BHP, the 3.0l is around 205bhp
    - - - Updated - - -
    They are more of a luxury cruiser than anything fast, the Altezza is a different beast but had manual cloth seats rather than electric leather etc plus on the Altezza the premium sound system went walkies too....

19. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello :Bye:and :welcome:to:gohonda:Karma

DJ Wozza likes this.
  20. DJ Wozza Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Take a peek in the Garage, also a link to my ICE thread
    - - - Updated - - -
    Many thanks!