FR-V ime on the lookout for an FR-V

Discussion in '1st Generation (2004-2011)' started by Beefy, Thursday 30th Jan, 2014.

1. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    well I've got a little nipper on the way so i thought an FR-V would fit the bill nicely! need the space in the boot as well as the versitility. its win win realy being the honda tech and all that! at leist i can say i own a honda then lol.

2. FR-V Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Pete Lincs
    Good choice beefy, never regretted buying mine (although the neighbours may disagree at this time of year!) They seem much more affordable than when I got it in late 2012 and there are more on the market. Petrols are cheaper than my torquey diesel but they would not tow my caravan.
    Good luck in your search, but you should be at an advantage being an "insider":Wink:

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    You want the first FR-V fella with the K series engine you need a bit of power

4. FR-V Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Pete Lincs
    Having got over the shock of my FR-V having a GERMAN diesel engine, are you telling me the petrols had a Rover mill?:Aghast:

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    no mate the proper engines from Honda are the legendary K series. yes rover had the same engine code and that where the similarity ends they are not related at all.

6. FR-V Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Pete Lincs
    Thank gawd for that!!
    Been there, done that - Rover 414 Si blew its head gasket on the Warwick bypass one bank holiday :Angry:
    Yes, I know, I should have bought the 1.6 with the Honda engine:Whistle:
    At least when I reached my midlife crisis I bought a Mazda MX5 instead of an MG F :Smile:

7. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    been looking through the trader and theres a number of 2.0l petrols 04 - 05 reg in my price range. surprising you can get one for under 4k with as little as 60k on the clock and i know them egines are bomb proof. come to menchon it FR-V's in general are trouble free. I've got to tart up the corsa a little get as much value out the bugger as i can and then crack on and get the FR-V bought. happy days!