Daily Driver Impne's Daily driver

8th Generation (2008-2015) vehicle added by impne, Wednesday 5th Nov, 2014

1. impne Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Great car you've got there. Just one question. Why did you offset the front number plate?
    (I have and OCD for symmetry)
  3. impne Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

A couple of reasons really

I fitted all the parts myself and didn't like the look of the surround on the sport bumper. I decided not to drill the holes and to use the private plate from my DC5 so obtained a bracket from USA
    I'm not a fan of std front plates and it just didn't look right to me
    I like to be a bit different in my cars
  4. Nels Moderator Staff Team

NP. Wasn't being critical, just curious. I know that I couldn't have it offset.
  5. How much is she lowered by? How would you rate those coilovers?
  6. impne Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

No worries at all everyone has their own views, I personally don't like to bug spoiler but it does a job on the motorway
    Number plate I'm not one for symmetry but I haven't found another option that I like
    I've got a rally car so like to be a bit different from the norm:Smile:
    - - - Updated - - -
    not sure to be honest

Reason for change is when I bought it my wife drove it 300 miles to my sisters and was sick when she got there as it wollowed about. I was in front and noticed it pitching

I informed dealer who said all was ok

Other issue I won't go into developed into going to hondr and Maz there suggested BC so they were fitted, found rear shocks were goosed so dealer was wrong

I then took it to a motorsport company who set it up for me but I don't know drop

It's set up as road ride softer than my better halfs Type-R, basically I've dialed out bounce that's all I was aiming for not track car or slamming it
    - - - Updated - - -
    Oh sorry and rating them yes

Fully adjustable so the rebound etc is for my liking spot on over the std set up

I've not had any issues in a year of them being on
    John Dickson and Nighthawk like this.
  7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    You got to admit it @impne has the best looking Tourer on HK :clap:
  8. impne Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I'm not sure in that bud I like std black cars myself. A right load of chew from supplying dealer had it develop like this to be honest. I won't go into it all as the forum will crash. I'll let you know one issue.
    Water getting into floor in drivers side when bought, dealer changed top window seal. Still getting in, found to be roof bars. Short while later top seal flew off on motorway hitting car behind. Dealer didn't want to know. Back and forth complaining to Honda who only returned one call eventually got dealer to have someone come to me to sort it. Fitted wrong again. Dealer took car in, took glass out new side trims, re painted roof, all fixed now. They failed to tell me when I got it back I noticed the front bumper had been painted on the corner and edge wasn't dry and paint came off very edge, they'd taken car on low loader to paint shop and I guess damaged bumper getting it on or off. Due to all issues I'd lost the will to live by this point and didn't mention it. You have to smile sometime lol
  9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Shocking mate I bet your patience was tested a few time, a lot of people would have sold up. Good on you to persist.
  10. impne Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

From word go unfortunately, damage, parts faulty, broken rear shocks
    I basically bought this and Civic Type-R , the dealer bought from auction on both to get stock and sell in their used car section.
    Always in the past had too service from this dealer.
    I stupidly didn't really check them over as looking for Type-S tourer was like looking for needle in haystack and been looking on and off for two years.
    Both hadn't been looked after by previous owners, accord still needs odd bits but having a bit of a break from it as running spot on at the moment.
    Dealers view on a lot of it was I quote from dealer principal " they are both second hand cars what do you expect ". I walked out at that point incase I ended up in court lol
    Spending that amount of money on two cars I thought I'd get customer service but it was we have your money now we're not bothered that you won't come back see ta
    Again stressful at time especially for wife, her car was back I think 4 times, fixed it myself at my cost in the end, but hey ho lol
    No point in giving yourself health problems eh
  11. impne Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Added a pic of exhaust
    To be honest I'm not too happy with result
    I've used same place as last time but not happy with tailpipes, route of rear, middle section not quite right and tailpipes not quite lined up. Paid a lot of money as well :-(
  12. That gen 7 is lovely - put her in the garage as a seperate entry mate - tell us more about her with more pictures :Smile:
  13. impne Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

It's my old car bud, lives in Malta from last year. Started as std ex diesel then tweaked. Recently been sent pic by new owner. Wasn't sure I'd be able to post as not mine now :-(
  14. Course you can mate, quite a few people on here have their cars listed as "previously owned". @FarHanSolo has around 15 previous cars in the garage.
  15. impne Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Car no longer looks like this as someone just reversed into it :-(
    Hope you can still get the sport front bumper
  16. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Sorry to hear this Lee. Hope there isn't too much damage.
  17. impne Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Lady gave it a good thump
    Reversed off drive straight into front corner
    How she didn't see it I just don't know, coming out of her house it was right in front of her
    Must of had brain fade then just pulled out
    Front sports bumper, light and folded wing
    Her husband said scuff on front bumper, I pointed out it was a bit more than that :-(
    They said they're putting it through their insurance, you always hope this is true. 3 whitnesses so hard to get out of it
    Just hope they can get the sport bumper, I'd be gutted if not
  18. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hope it gets sorted mate. Aye the classic "It's just a scuff..." Problem is the damage you can't see that might have been done behind the bumper.

You've got witnesses so they will have to sort it and her insurance will have to get the sports bumper sorted at the end of the day it's the third party in the wrong and not you.
  19. Let the insurance companies battle it out - thats why you pay them silly amounts of money. Call your insurance, give them the other party details and let them fight it out. Its down to the assessor anyway.
  20. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

As long as the swines don't settle "knock for knock"....This is insurance speak which translates into "We can't really be ar$ed to fight for our Customer's rights..." in every day language.... :Rant:
    - - - Updated - - -
    I was victim of a staged smash for cash once and despite the assessor saying he could stand up and prove in court that the impact wasn't severe enough to cause the injuries the other parties (along with a relative who wasn't even at the scene) were claiming they had, my good old insurer just rolled over and paid out £10,000s in compensation. No insurer can really be ar$ed to fight for their and their customer's rights anymore. Well it's little skin off the insurer's nose as the good old honest motorist just pays out more and more to cover their inadequacies.

That was good old Honda Insurance (underwritten by Royal sun Alliance at the time) for you.

Mind when Honda Insurance changed underwriters to Zurich things were no better; perhaps worse....