Facelift Model Importing Euro-R CL7

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by intruder, Wednesday 15th May, 2013.

1. intruder Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

United Kingdom Rokas Bristol, UK
    Hi guys. Time goes and it seems I can't let go my dream of importing Euro-R facelift.... Thought will start this thread and ask you if anyone knows tips & things to be aware of importing car from Japan. Would I need lots of mods after import to pass MOT? And how much high my insurance could go up?

By the way, here's one pic of Euro-R speedo, why top speed is only 180 km/h ? (112 mph) I think our Type-S models got 240 or 260 km/h, can't remember now.
    View attachment 9417

2. intruder Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ohhh, now I know. Japs got cars limited to 180 kmh! How stupid is that? I mean, okay, maybe not stupid from street driving view, but what about taking car on track? Heh..

3. John78 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Mate firstly nice choice.. :GoodJob:

For the MOT the car will get tested for your standard MOT fair. But you will need to fit a rear fog light with a switch on the dash the speedo from what i can remember can stay reading KPH but if your gonna spend the cash de-limiting it you might want to change it.

Save yourself a lot of trouble and pay a reputable company to source and import your car as doing it alone can soon start adding the ££ up (pretty sure good old Government slap a VAT charge on the car)

Just to wet your apatite heres one i was considering buying Used Accord CL7 Euro R for sale - PistonHeads (Ref 1238683) but I think I'm gonna hold out for the wife to let me get my Civic FD2:telloff:

4. intruder Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Too much chaos in my head TBH :Blink:, having a 07 plate Type-S in perfect condition is it really worth swaping to Euro-R, spend extra cash to get it road legal and then most likely pay extra for insurance..

5. intruder Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

BTW, how do they make 2.0 engine without turbo to gain 220hp? Is it just ECU original maping at factory? Or smthg else?
    And what the main advantages Euro-R got over Type-S? 30hp more, recaro seats, sport pedals and momo steering wheel? Thats all? I think the multifunctional type-s steering wheel is more better anyway.