Introductions Impressed Honda fan

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Slimbaldy, Sunday 27th Jan, 2013.

1. Slimbaldy Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Leeds
    Hi, I'm new to the forum and its all the wife's fault! I used to be a big German car fan and whilst having a big engined and very fast Audi the wife's 4th Generation golf started to suffer from Il health. Ok my love what car do you want? A Honda Civic would be nice! What one those crappy Japanese things? Yes ok , I'll find the best one I can if it will make you happy. And so we bought one and have had it 5 years, not one fault or breakdown. Clever well designed and nice to drive car. Well with one child and another on the way I need something big and as I work in a quarry something half tough. Get the auto trader up and search CR-V's and now I've had an 07 CR-V cdti for 18 months and I bloody love it. Done about 20k and now showing 80k on the clock and its faultless, put a parrot hands free in and a set of Michelin latitudes and don't see the point in selling it for a long time. Honda all the way now you can keep you Audi and BMW etc.

2. jaytip Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Petrol drivers take note. He has owned it for 18 months and its been faultless :Wink:

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Stock cars yeah tune them then you will know the real meaning of faultless or the lack of it.:Smile:

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Welcome Slimbaldy , glad your are enjoying your Honda and your wife made the best choice of dumping the Horrid Germans.

5. Slimbaldy Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Leeds
    Ok so we could tune either the Civic or CR-V, the Civic maybe better brakes and a bit more torque. But the CR-V's just a work horse be it builders van, off road or family holidays. Its always covered in mud and with an amber beacon. To be sure it'll be tatty when I'm done with it so what's the point.

6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Welcome to AOC Slimbaldy. Pleased to hear that your one of many many people who have jumped ship from loving German cars to seeing the light, switched to Honda and are loving it :Smile: