Body, Paint & Styling In-car Boot & Petrol Cap Lock

Discussion in '6th Generation (1997-2002)' started by leicamanman, Monday 10th Jun, 2013.

1. leicamanman Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi All, I have a problem with the lock for the boot & petrol cap (inside the car) in that it locks on turning anti-clockwise and refuses to unlock ie., will not turn back clockwise. That's not quite true because after about a sweaty hour of fiddling it did turn back:Smile:.
    Now I'm afraid to use the lock. I'm guessing that the previous owner never used it. Is it possible to remove the lock & how please?
    Car is 6th Generation 2001 2ltr auto SE Accord.
    Leicamanman.

2. leicamanman Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Security Lock Problem

Hi All, I have a problem with the lock for the boot & petrol cap (inside the car) in that it locks on turning anti-clockwise and refuses to unlock ie., will not turn back clockwise. That's not quite true because after about a sweaty hour of fiddling it did turn back:Smile:.
    Now I'm afraid to use the lock. I'm guessing that the previous owner never used it. Is it possible to remove the lock & how please?
    Car is 6th Generation 2001 2ltr auto SE Accord.
    Leicamanman.

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Re: In-car Boot & Petrol Cap Lock

I think its a simple mechanism inside, should have a plastic cover on it, removing this should reveal a screw, take the screw out the lock should pull up out upwards.

The above is just from memory, so I could be wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Liecamanman, how/why did you post the same issue in two different threads ?

Please try to avoid this as it makes it difficult for people to help you.

4. leicamanman Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Re: In-car Boot & Petrol Cap Lock

Thanks for the info, I'd managed to get that far after I posted. I still can't see how to remove the lock itself.
    Oh! I also found that the lock can be disengaged (after cover removal) with a screwdiver thro' a small slot just to the side of the lock.
    Of course the worry is I would not be able to put petrol in the tank if happened again!!

Er sorry, I though I had posted in the wrong place the first time - it won't happen again!

Leicamanman