Feedback/Help Info At Bottom Of Posts

Discussion in 'Feedback, Help & Suggestions' started by Robbie, Monday 30th Sep, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    I have just noticed at the bottom of one of my posts "University Of Liverpool." This has me puzzled. I studied at the University, and got my Master's there, but how has this been appended to the bottom of one of my posts? Obviously, the information must have come from somewhere, but I never broadcast it. Indeed, I keep my personal life private.

I do receive communications via email from the University, and I use the web site. Has this information somehow been transmitted across the Internet? It's quite worrying finding personal information in the public domain. Does this have something to do with Google? I also see, from time to time, on web pages, links to where I live - not here - and this concerns me. I'm not apportioning blame to AOC for this, but I'm genuinely puzzled.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi Robbie,

I have just had a look at your account and it is connected or created via your Facebook account , now when the account is created using Facebook it prompts for your basic information and it brings up a pop stating it will be shared which you have to acknowledge or decline.. You must have accepted and it grabbed the car details as the writeable field for that information

Now that field can be edited in your profile have a look at this thread to make the amendemnts http://hondakarma.com/posts/54121/

Please have a go in changing it, if you need assistance I can change that for you.

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  3. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    Thanks for that CJ. Now I know why there is so much info about me floating about. Strangely, I have never revealed my location in Lancs, and I don't use my real name on Facebook as it is Cornish, and very uncommon. Indeed, I'm the only Robert Cornishname on the register of electors in the UK.

I have never linked Facebook with this account so it is quite insidious.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    You must have disclosed your uni in your facebook profile at the time of signing. :Smile:

5. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    Yes, I did, but I didn't think it would be revealed outside of Facebook. Quite pernicious. I'll have to look at deleting all of my info there and then close my account. I'm amazed at the people, mainly women, who disclose all of their personal details: school attended and years; date of birth; town or village where they live; marital status, or otherwise; where they work; when on holiday and where. It must be an identity thief's paradise. Perhaps I'm paranoid.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Its is one the reason why I don't have a facebook account anymore.

7. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    I go nuts at my wife for doing that. When In Australia over New Year just there she was doing that live status thing where it would tell people exactly where we were, ie the zoo etc. Thing is, she has a business facebook account and also a quick google of her name brings up her actual business website which has our home address on it. Madness.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.