General Info' reset

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Old Cruiser, Sunday 16th Nov, 2014.

1. Old Cruiser Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

pete slough
    with reference to the Info' display ; does anyone know how to reset the AVG speed setting, able to reset all the others i.e. MPG, trip etc by holding the reset button for a few seconds but this AVG speed will not reset back at all, any help appreciated.
    Cheers Pete

2. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Have you tried selecting the avg speed and holding the button down just on that. It should reset fine as it does the rest of them.

3. Old Cruiser Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

pete slough
    yep, done exactly that mate, but won't reset

4. Nighthawk Guest

strange mate, just tested mine, and the above worked for mine just fine.

Maybe someone else will have a suggestion

5. Old Cruiser Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

pete slough
    Thanks for looking mate, strangely enough just tried something else, which was to display trip A press and hold SEL/Reset to set that back to zero and low and behold AVG mph is now displaying two dashes which must mean it has reset and will start registering once on the move, so only way to do it on mine it to reset that Trip A (resetting B makes no difference) , strange!!
    Cheers Pete

6. Nighthawk Guest

Glad you got it sorted in the end.

7. Old Cruiser Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

pete slough
    Yeah, cheers mate, although still find it odd that it behaves this way, especially as yours seems different , maybe a firmware issue who knows!!
    Cheers Pete

8. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    This is something I've actually always wanted clarification on (guess I should read the owners manual eh).

The way I've always thought it worked is that, Trip A should reset your "info set" A, and likewise with B. The MPG, Average Speed and the rest are tied into the two separate trip counters.

9. Old Cruiser Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

pete slough
    Doesn't clarify this in the manual with the resetting of this AVG speed, have since read that people with the newer shape Civic have experienced a similar thing also, so maybe Honda themselves didn't understand it either and so left it out of the manuals!!LOL
    Cheers Pete

DeviateDefiant likes this.