In-Depth Information on Vehicles with Start Stop or Idle Stop System

Discussion in 'Technical Articles' started by Ichiban, Thursday 8th Mar, 2012.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Honda in its efforts to reduce CO2 has started to adopt the idle stop system on all non hybrid equipped cars. It is by adopting this technology Honda cars have made an average reduction of 2-3 grams of CO2 enabling Honda cars to be seen more favourable on the ever changing European union stance of vehicle emission and current Vehicle Excise Duties in the UK. I can envisage higher CO2 reduction on both petrol and diesel engine with the new Honda Earthdream technologies being adopted and being refined with time.

By 2015 nearly all new vehicles sold in the EU will have this technology and the foretasted growth of this new battery will force the traditional battery into the aftersales supply route.

Currently this sort of technology is presently on the
    Honda CR-Z
    Honda Insight
    Honda Jazz Hybrid
    Honda 9th Generation Civic
    and Shortly Honda Jazz Si

In order for this idle stop start technology to work on our Honda's you have to do away with the use of traditional lead acid batteries and adopt the E.F.B (Enhanced Flooded Battery).

Honda E.F.B Identification

The 3 new E.F.B battery types will be identified as follows:
    1. EFB L2 (Varta)
    2. EFB L3 (Varta)
    3. N-55 (Furukawa)
    EFB batteries..

2. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Never drove the car with this stop/start thingy.Must feel weird at first,definitely would like to try.

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Being a Honda the whole process if seamless you will soon figure it out trust me.it is excellent.

Test drive the new Honda Civic the operation of the idle stop start technology is brilliant, as they say driving is believing.

4. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

my old man got on his Audi seems really strange at first. Also noticed alot of lorries have it now.

5. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

This just crossed my mind.Can this be turned off so to speak or do you have to use it.Must be annoying in city traffic where you move at snail pace sometimes.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Chaps I am going to order the Jazz Hybrid EFB battery look at the massive CCA rating. I may use it in my first gen.

The battery in that is 10 years 9 years old and still perfect.

7. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

German battery in your 1st Generation :shock:

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    No if you look carefully the Jazz battery is made by FB Furukawa :BooYeah: