Electrical & Lights Infotainment System

Discussion in '1st Generation (2004-2011)' started by CathyJ_NW, Sunday 14th Aug, 2016.

1. CathyJ_NW Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Cathy Dyserth
    Evening Honda lovers :vtec:

I'm after some advice please:

We've just bought a lovely import FR-V and are already enjoying it... there's just one thing... we don't speak Japanese:help:

Can anyone recommend an infotainment system we can put in, instead of the Alpine? Ideally one that supports the reversing cam.

TIA
    Cathy

Attached Files:

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I need to look into this myself but just haven't got round to it yet (only had the car a year :Ermm:).

In general any double DIN unit will fit and work but like yourself my wife also wants to retain the reversing camera functionality.

In theory the signal from reverse camera is simply a composite video one. So even if the connector is not right, you simply solder the correct connector for the head unit you are installing.

CathyJ_NW likes this.
  3. CathyJ_NW Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Cathy Dyserth
    I think you're right, and hubby is quite technically minded so soldering & electronics aren't a problem in themselves. I don't mind about the reverse cam, coped without one before, although tbf that was in much smaller cars!

On a totally separate subject, how do I make a profile post on here please? I can't find a button anywhere and wanted to post my review.

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    What do you mean by "profile post" ?