Tools injector seating tool

Discussion in 'Tools & Equipment' started by paneuro, Sunday 4th Sep, 2016.

1. paneuro Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom paneuro central scotlan
    I have a 2005 Honda CR-V Tdi 2.2 and need a tool to reface an injector seat. Any ideas whats best buy and where will I get one., Thanks Paneuro

2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

3. paneuro Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Sorry, hello my name is Paneuro and I don't have a degree in IT, I am finding it difficult enough to post a question as I keep getting pop ups accusing me of not having an avatar (no idea what an avatar is) anyway perhaps this forum is a little to highbrow for me.

4. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    Laser Tools make injector seat cutter sets that are sold on eBay or Amazon and it was recommended to me that I bought a set when I removed my injectors to do another job, as the seats looked in bad condition. But I cleaned the seats up using a hex socket rammed full of wire wool (and stuffed with grease to collect the loose bits), alternating with another socket rammed full of a tissue soaked in petrol to clean up the mess and to allow an inspection... All the seats looked OK after about 20 minutes work on each. Make sure you use a Honda gasket when refitting.

Why do you need to recut the seats?

You don't need an IT degree to use the forum . I don't have a degree in catering.

5. Nels Moderator Staff Team

It's okay, we're more low brow than high brow.:Wink:

If you're new to forums, we are more than happy to help. We just get a little disappointed when some people just jump on here asking for help and never give anything back in return.

We run a free site. Help is given through the generosity of our members.

There is a FAQ section that helps guide members through some of the more common queries. As for the avatar, it's the picture that shows up above your online name.
    If you click on the link (in blue) below it will take you there.
    Frequently Asked Questions

If you get stuck, or need to know how to do something on here that isn't covered by the FAQ's, just ask. :Hey:

6. paneuro Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi, I do appreciate any help I get but I do get frustrated with all the rules and regs. I am a member of several biker forums and have not came accross anything as difficult to negotiate as this one. I have just taken about 15 minutes to find my post so I would like to thank the people who gave me advice and would ask that you please delete me from the forum as I would not have the first idea how to do it myself. Sorry but its not for me. thanks Paneuro.

7. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    he he. get what you want and bugger off lol. if you type what you need into google. that's Google there are plenty of injector seat cutting tools available.

8. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    I suppose it's obvious that there would be special forums available that have been designed to be very simple for bikers to use...

legend-ary likes this.
  9. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    How simple are they? Those websites? The phrase comes to mind "get on yer bike!!"

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Let me google that for you

Beefy likes this.
  11. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    @paneuro usually people compliment us on having a lovely advanced fab looking website.

This is no slapdash, put together in 10 minutes website. There's been a lot of development time put into the site.

With nearly 20,000 discussion threads, 200,000 individual posts, 8,400 plus members, 64Gb of content, members from all corners of the globe, I think YOU ought to REALLY consider where the REAL problem is that YOU are having !

i-DSI, Nels and legend-ary like this.
  12. Nels Moderator Staff Team