Detailing Ink Mark on Headlining

Discussion in 'Detailing & Cleaning' started by John Dickson, Sunday 28th Apr, 2013.

1. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Due entirely to clumsiness on my part:telloff:, I have caught the headlining in my car with a pen and now have a nice black ink stripe across the headlining.

Was tempted to try and clean it off but then I was concerned I'd only make it worse.

I've got some Supaguard Ink Stain Remover in my leather treatment kit but don't really want to try that on the headlining unless someone else has used it before and not had any problems.

Anyone got any ideas?

John. :Thumbup:
  2. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

3. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello Racy Jace,

Thanks I'll have a look and try.

John. :Thumbup:
  4. declanswan Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I've done exactly the same thing. Tar remover and then watered down APC works. Hope this helps.
  5. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Headlining seems quite stain resistant. I had some dirty marks around both sun visors. A quick wipe with a damp microfibre cloth and some Autoglym interior cleaner has brought it up like new.
  6. MAL Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Once had a pen burst in my pocket in my mates lovely cream velour interior! Got a product called dylon from the chemist, it worked a treat.
  7. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Many thanks for the replies folks. Certainly given me some good ideas to try out. I'll let you know how I get on. It will be done just one of those jobs that I'll get round to after the bigger jobs like wash the car and put the Supaguard paint sealer wax on and treat the leather upholstery. Cheers John :Thumbup: PS Sorry this is all on one line but for some reason my Return key has stopped working on this site :Search:

- - - Updated - - -

Now it seems to put it on more than one line when I save it - prob another thing we can blame on Windows 7:lol:
    Last edited: Thursday 2nd May, 2013