Aftermarket Kit Insight Dog Guard

Discussion in '2nd Generation (2009)' started by C50, Monday 18th Apr, 2016.

1. C50 Premium Member Club Supporter

Apologies if this has been discussed before - any recommendations for a secure dog guard ? Unlike my previous CR-V & FR-V there seems to be no specific dog guard for this model. I have tried a Halfords one but it ain't up to my Staffordshire/Patterdale Crossbreed ? It has a flimsy plastic fastening to the headrest. If poss I wish to avoid the ones with poles from floor to roof which take up a lot of boot space.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I think Honda have not made a dog guard specifically for any of the Hybrid cars, the hybrid cars on the rear pillars have an extractor fan and ducting for the hybrid battery. This keeps the battery pack cool if you cover it they will overheat and even cause a fire.

Yes a dog guard won't do that but owners have been daft to put curtains and etc which will cause this effect, that why I you don't see Hybrid dog guards, poor pets will get the draft of hot air also.

C50 likes this.
  3. C50 Premium Member Club Supporter

Thanks Ichiban, interesting & logical. The vent in my 2010 insight is on the boot wall, however, as you say, no specific guard available, just have to use my own company, Bodgit & Co.

Ichiban likes this.
  4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    On the Jazz hybrid the vent was on the C pillar

C50 likes this.