Insurance Insurance price on the down

Discussion in 'Insurance & Breakdown Cover' started by Ichiban, Wednesday 7th May, 2014.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I have just done a price comparison search for my 8th Generation and I am pleased to say I have saved over 185 quid from last years insurance quote. £320 to insure it fully comp with same excess.

Happy days :Happy:price comparison sites do work!

2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Wasn't the decrease in fraudulent medical claims a big contributory factor in the drop ?

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Fraud has been tightened up on cash for crash claims they are scrutinising everything now.

4. Nels Moderator Staff Team

original[1]. :Thumbup:
    Glad to hear you've got a good deal.

Last edited by a moderator: Wednesday 7th May, 2014
  5. bijomaru Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Rob Swindon
    :Thumbup: I've saved £600 this year by paying the whole premium at once and using Sky Insurance. It's always nice feeling if you save some money on renewal.

6. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Good shout, paying the premium monthly is one of the biggest rip offs I've seen. It'd be very much cheaper to get a loan and use it to pay insurance rather than pay it in monthly instalments with rates of 50%+

7. Accord_N22 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

We saved over £200 by calling up and speaking to someone about our renewal. It does pay to have a friendly chat to see what they can do.
    Admiral multicar has always been the best option for us. No one can really match their prices.

8. mcgowanp Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I think we are still lower on this side of the water but seems to be on the rise for similar reasons as in the UK. Still all in for 434 euro is not too bad . Our car tax system is bit of a joke though especially if your driving a pre 2007 car.