Intake System Intake Hose mod on CL7

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by waqs, Tuesday 21st Jun, 2016.

1. waqs Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Waqs nottingham
    Hi,

Could people please advise? I want to buy this aftermarket hose for my CL7 2.0, but one hole is missing (please see attach image of this hose and I have also drawn a red line for you to see where this hole should be. I have also attached an image of my original hose showing where all the holes are).

I would like to know will this be compatible if pipe from the engine is not inserted anywhere (in the hose) will I be a able to leave it out or will it bring up errors on the dash, if so, will a breather resolve this?

20160620_205420. 20160620_205449.

Last edited by a moderator: Wednesday 22nd Jun, 2016
  2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I think you would need to replace that plastic box and get a pipe coming from rocker cover breather outlet into that big hole. Also dump the water piping.

3. waqs Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I will have a KN cone filter connected to the hose. So will I be able to get away with that pipe not being plugged anywhere, as the one below that will be plugged in to the big hole on the hose? Whats the water piping?

4. waqs Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

The water piping loops to up pass the big plastic piece that you have marked on the left side of your picture. The bit that your saying you don't want to connect.

You'll just have to loop the flexible part of that water pipe back on to itself.

Last edited: Thursday 23rd Jun, 2016
  6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team