Aftermarket Kit Interchangable Things Between Chassis?

Discussion in '6th Generation (1997-2002)' started by Harvey, Tuesday 25th Mar, 2014.

1. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I've been googling etc and I'm a little disheartened by the lack of upgrades performance wise for the Accord (6th Generation in my case) and was wandering is there anything from either Japan or America that will fit these cars? I've been looking at an Apexi exhaust system for the same year as my car and there is one listed, however American spec cars are saloons where as mine is a hatch, so it would need to be shortened. But will the hangers and bolts line up for the most part or am I clinging to hopes?

2. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I'm not entirely sure but there really isn't much for our gen cars unfortunately. Performance wise for 1.8 engines there is very, very little as detailed in the thread below:
    http://hondakarma.com/threads/help-...-to-the-1-8i-vtec-in-98-02-Accord.8795/page-2

Re the exhaust system @Ichiban @DeviateDefiant @SpeedyGee should be able to help you.

EDIT: Take a look here, few performance mods available http://www.hondaperformanceparts.co.uk/show_products/24317
    Also ECP have K+N filters for our model at good prices.

3. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Cheers chunky lover, seems your a barrel of use full information. Think ever post I've started you have posted in. I'll take a look at those and see where I get too.

Chunkylover53 likes this.
  4. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    The problem is, across almost all car models the aftermarket performance gear is always aimed at the largest/fastest engine available. With the 6th Generation that's the CH1 Type-R, however using an H22 vs. your F18 I don't believe there's all that much compatibility between them. I have little experience with the 6th Generation.

As far as the exhaust goes, there's only one sensible way to go about it in my opinion - that's researching mufflers and going for a custom fabrication. That's not as scary as it sounds, you'll get a good idea on the sounds from your chosen mufflers, and the rest is just the piping between that, the catalytic converter and then the exhaust header with a larger diameter pipe for higher flow.

Pod filters again are very easy to make custom, choose a filter such such as K&N/Apexi/Pipercross and have the piping made from the throttle to where you want the filter sitting in the bay to get the most cold air.

I will say this, with an F18 you haven't got all that much room to squeeze extra power out of her with just simple bolt-ons and breathing mods. The two routes to actually achieve high performance are either Forced Induction or an engine swap in my opinion.

5. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Cheers mate, To be honest I wasn't after a extreme performance out of my F20B6, more than anything I'd like a nice exhaust system and a good air filter for a nice induction noise. I was just wandering what will swap over chassis wise. as like I said, I was looking at an Apexi exhaust system from America, but they are saloons over there so it would need to be shortened at some point. There is however Demon Tweeks not far from me and they are dealers of Powerflow exhausts

6. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Missed that yours was an F20 and not an F18. Either way, it's quite pointless in my eyes buying an exhaust system for a different body and hacking at it to make it fit your own, you might as well just pick out your own components, muffers, high-flow cat if you want it, header, then just get an exhaust shop doing the installation and pipe work between. Same goes for the SRI/CAI.

7. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Fair enough and a pretty valid point.

8. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Might aswell get a custome made exhaust.