HVAC Interior Fan / AirCon not working.

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by rss700, Sunday 12th Aug, 2012.

1. rss700 New Member Getting Started

Hi gang, bought my 2003 2 litre Accord Tourer Executive (non-satnav version) only a month ago so I'm new here.

Now that the weather is nice and hot my aircon has decided to stop working. Typical. In fact it's the fan. The display works but there is no air coming from the vents. I've had all the fuses out - they're all fine, and I have unfortunately reached the limit of my ability.

Help! Any assistance would be gratefully received - I die a bit every time I have to give someone else money to fix my car.

Many thanks,

Richard

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi and Welcome to AOC Richard,

What has changed on your car since the last time the air blower or the air conditioner was working?

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Also try looking at the fuse panel near the bonnet open latch look for a Blown fuse No. 30 (7.5 A).

4. rss700 New Member Getting Started

Only thing I've done since buying it at the beginning of July is put it in to a Honda dealer for a service. They changed the brake fluid, that's it. Although the car has developed a rattle underneath when idling in drive (it's an auto). I plan to have a look at that soon, not sure it would be connected to the blower problem though? No other symptoms, the blower just stopped working!

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Need to get it looked at bud , it sounds like mechanical.

6. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    When you say the blower are you talking about the heater matrix fan behind the dashboard that's stopped working?

7. Jon_G Guest

Hi, even though no air is coming out, can you actually hear the blower motor running?

Even if the blower motor isn't working, then air should still come through when driving at speed. Maybe there's a blockage - could be the pollen filter is really, really overdue for a change? Try temporarily removing the element and see, it's a very easy thing to do (it tells you how to change the filter in your owners manual).

8. rss700 New Member Getting Started

Doc, yes the fan behind the dashboard.

Jon G., no I can't hear the blower motor, so I guess it's not a blockage. There was no decrease in output before it stopped working, which I suppose you might expect with a blockage.

I checked the no. 30 fuse which was fine, although I'll have to buy another as I dropped it down in the recess under the fuse panel. Dur....

9. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    I'm pretty sure the blower motor is near the filter. It should be quite easy to do a continuity test. If you have power to the motor then the motors faulty. Should be an easy fix, it's held in by a couple of screws. You could get a replacement from a breakers as the £271.72 for a new one is a little steep.

Here's what you're looking for it's all behind the glove box:
    Honda Car Parts / Choose by Model / Genuine Honda Parts | Honda Cars | Honda Motorcycles | Honda Power Products | Lings Honda