Body, Paint & Styling Interior part colour codes.

Discussion in '6th Generation (1997-2002)' started by Harvey, Sunday 12th Apr, 2015.

1. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I am not in such a great mood today.
    I shall explain, a friend and I went out to take some photographs, it was windy and as it happens my boot gas struts are not strong enough to lift the boot, after I had added a spoiler, and so it landed on his head when he went to retrieve his kit.

He checked the lump on his head in the sun visor mirror, in opening the mirror, he forced the cover passed the 90 degree angle that was its maximum, and snapped off the cover, it does not look like this part is replacable on its own, so now need to find a replacement in the correct beige colour.

I believe it is part number 83280S1AE01ZC and the colour code is YR169L, can someone confirm that this is the correct colour and part number?

2. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    I can't confirm that at all for you, but just wanted to say that I broke a sunvisor securing clip on my Accord a couple of years ago. When I ordered a new one, the correct colour was identified by default through my registration number.

Harvey likes this.
  3. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I've had a look on Lings, and it lists all of them, but I'll have a word with @Pottermus next week to see how much a new one is, as I know its only a flap, but its broke and its gonna annoy the crap out of me.

Nighthawk likes this.
  4. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    I know the feeling mate, irritates the daylight out of me when I know something is not right when it should be

5. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I've got a few niggles with my motor at the moment, only small ones, this being one and the other being one of the bulbs being blown behind the heater controls and the AC not working, but just changed the condensor, so that should be fixed next weekend when I speak with my mate at Furrows Ford, who is gonna gas my AC for me.

6. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I'd keep a look out on ebay too, that item hardly breaks so you should be able to get it for under £20.

Hope your friend is okay? I wonder if HH have the correct struts in stock?

7. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

He is ok, the boot catch bit him hard enough to draw blood.
    I dunno if they will tbh though @Chunkylover53

it only broke because he forced it back too far, its broke the locating pin off, which is only plastic, according to lings a new one is 60 quid.

8. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Ouch, I'd definitely try breakers then. It's not a very sought after item so I doubt they will ask much.

9. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

There are non locally, so its ebay and the inter balls now, or HH if they can get one.