Electrical & Lights Interior roof light, glitches?

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by daza, Saturday 16th Jan, 2016.

1. daza Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Sweden Daniel Jönköping
    Hello all,

Picked up used 2011 accord tourer a couple of days ago from a dealer.. Actually don't know why I didn't noticed this before but I guess it was a light environment around so.. well..

The thing is the interior roof light, courtesy light? Not the ones in the front next to the rear view mirror...

I have the setting at "door" but opening the door doesn't turn the light on...

I have done some testing with the driver door, and intermittently got it to function correctly but then gone... also noted that with the light set to door, and with the door both closed and open the light would flicker on and off...

I guess my question is, what could be the fault, and would it be something easy to check/fix by my self or should I take it back to the dealer to look at it under "user car warranty"?

Best regards
    Daza
    - - - Updated - - -
    Hmm can't find the edit button...

Having the light to "on" I didn't observe flicker.. so guess there is some glitch regarding sensing if the door is open or not?

2. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    Soundsto me like a bad connection or faulty door switches which get pressed when door closes on them usually look like a small black rubber grommet that you can press with hands.

Set light to door, open each door one by one and presst hat rubber switch in maually by hand and see which ones cuts the light out and which one makes the light flicker. Im sure it will be an easy fix but ill let one of the accord owners to tell you that.

3. daza Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Sweden Daniel Jönköping
    Okey thanks, will check the door openings tomorrow for something like that

4. 2.4 8thGen Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Brett Bristol
    This could just be a faulty lamp.Does the rear roof light stay on when the light switch is set to on.

5. daza Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Sweden Daniel Jönköping
    Yes I didn't observe any flicker with it set to on, but i'll double check tomorrow to be sure...

2.4 8thGen likes this.
  6. daza Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Sweden Daniel Jönköping
    Yes, verified... When the switch is set to "on", no flicker...
    - - - Updated - - -
    Did this just now... all door-switches gives the same behaviour of the lamp... flickering.. or not switching of at all.. or not lighting up at all... After it gives out I can set it to "on", then "door" again, and get a few cycles with correct on/of, but with flicker instead of off.. Then it gives out again, either full on with the door-switch "closed" or the reverse... As I said, no particullar door seems to be better or worse..

7. daza Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Sweden Daniel Jönköping
    Just an update... since monday this issue has disapeared.. don't know how or why... it just works as it is supposed to...