Body, Paint & Styling Interior wrap

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by StuH, Friday 8th Apr, 2016.

1. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Stuart Lancashire
    Sorry if the prefix is wrong..

Only mark on my interior is an annoying blemish right in the middle of the dvd cover. It's quite large and would look a mess if I paint it in. My options are limited; wait for that part in the finish I need to come up on eBay or wrap it. Never done wrapping but I'm sure I'd master it. Thing is, if I did the dvd cover I'd have to do the gearbox surround. Not too bothered about that, had that trim off a few times on my old car. What trim would I go for? Carbon fibre seems to be the most popular but a 2.4 EX auto isn't really a carbon fibre trim sort of car though I suppose the silver carbon fibre trim looks similar to what's there now. The trim on the handles looks like a dark brushed aluminium so I could go for something similar I suppose.

Anyone done anything similar?

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
  3. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

South Africa Roger Oxford, UK
    I tried and failed miserably at doing wrapping. The problem is my first attempt was on something 'complicated# with sharp edges and corners. Doing wrapping properly simply takes practice, and should be practices on simple, flat, regular objects first. Either way, do your research on wrapping techniques - lots of videos on YouTube

4. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

Offending item:
    : interior.

5. Sming85 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Sming Newbury
    Hi, I've wrapped all sorts of different bits n pieces from dash panels to motorcycle huggers, the best tools I've found are the miss's hairdryer lol, and an old credit card with some fabric wrapped over it. Just take your time n if in doubt just pull it off n start again as it doesn't leave any stickyness

RogerH69 likes this.
  6. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I just tried some snake skin on the door handles in the CR-V which actualky looks real!. It's the curved areas I find tricky but seem to be getting better at it. Just jeep practicing.

105334_20160316_190421.
    105381_20160317_171501.

107231_20160406_190850.

Attached Files:

JayG, Sming85 and SpeedyGee like this.
  7. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I like it !

8. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Thanks @SpeedyGee. I just thought I'd give it a try. I'm on the look out for some realistic looking leather now as I think that will look the best.

107232_20160406_191118.

9. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Looks good.

I did a diy on carbon wrap a little while ago. Quite an enjoyable little project to do

10. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

I can't decide if that looks absolutely awful or incredibly amazing!

11. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

@StuH I'm on the fence with it too. It's wrapped quite well and the colour goes with the creme. I think if other things were wrapped too on the front it would tie in better. There was a nice black and red python skin that I think would look great with black interior and red ambient lights. For something like £7 I thought I'd give it a bash.

20160408_152549.

12. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

It looks really good in isolation just not sure in the car, then again I don't particularly like carbon fibre but that's just me. I have ordered some brushed titanium to have a play with.

Racy Jace likes this.
  13. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I tried brushed steel which would of looked good if I hadn't over stretched it. The brushed lines changed angle on the flat area making it look weird. I think if I did it again I may get it better. I've also one of my chrome trims that I'd bought from China that I want to wrap but I don't think my skill level is there yet.

14. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

I can see what you mean with the brushed effect. I think I'm probably going to get a few different styles to practice with before I commit. Even considered the leather effect stuff last night. Chrome looks damn hard to do!

15. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

Well look what Postman Pat dropped in my box this morning:

titbrush.

Sming85 and Racy Jace like this.
  16. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Time to get your wife's hair dryer I think and give it a go.:excited:

Have you got a pic of what your wrapping?

17. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

Six weeks till she's the wife :ShelfShoot:

I have a heat gun, what would be better, the Bayliss or heat gun?

Think I'll just take one of the trims off the rear door to have a practice with.

18. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I used the the wife's £100 ghd hair dryer which worked a treat but I now need to buy my self a £15 jobby before I ruin it. The heat gun will probably work just as well and you'll look a bit more manly too.

legend-ary likes this.
  19. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Chris Rowlands Gill
    /\
    |
    |

best comment or the day award !!!!!!

:Rolf:

legend-ary and Racy Jace like this.
  20. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

But my heat gun is pink.

JayG, Modplod, Zoot and 2 others like this.