Feedback/Help Internet Explorer 10 and AOC

Discussion in 'Feedback, Help & Suggestions' started by tomwillie, Tuesday 16th Apr, 2013.

1. tomwillie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

England Tom Royston
    I right clicked on attachment to open in new tab which gave option to click on "attachment" which then brought up screen to send email to site administrator, whoever he/she is? I sent them image of post so they knew what one was the problem. I am not familiar with these type of sites, presumably they are Google based & can be difficult to navigate & use. For example, typing into a post directly I cannot make paragraphs by using "return" key?

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Re: Is rear camber adjustment possible on a 59 plate Type-S??

Hi Tom I have responded to your image query , can you advise which browser you are using and what version ? If you are using an unsupported browser then you will face spacing and formatting issues.

3. tomwillie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

England Tom Royston

Thanks for reply, I am using IE 10 on with Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium OS

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  5. tomwillie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

England Tom Royston

Trial message using XP & IE 8

With IE 8 paragraphs can be made by using "Return" so problem is IE 10.

6. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants

It's a known conflict between vBulletin (the site's forum software) and IE10, just stick the browser into compatibility mode by clicking the icon of the torn piece of paper next to the refresh button.

SpeedyGee and Ichiban like this.
  7. tomwillie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

England Tom Royston

Many thanks, compatibility mode does work but I need to do it before signing in otherwise have to log on again.

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    IE 10 users may face issues whilst browsing and using the community, we have not I tested IE10 as its a new browser so can't say it complete compalibity . You have two options

1) You could downgrade to IE 9 or try another browser like Firefox or Chrome.

Downgrade from IE 10 to IE 9 on Windows 7 - Microsoft Community

2)tick the browser into compatibility mode by clicking the icon of the torn piece of paper next to the refresh button.

9. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Can I make an honest suggestion here? Swap out to Firefox or Chrome, both are robust, fast and secure browsers. Although IE10 is miles ahead of it's berated predecessors it's still behind the competition by a fair bit.

There is quite a lot of known compatibility issues with IE10 - more correctly Microsoft decided to implement standard features only with IE10 specific tags within code - this has left developers having to update all their code just to get features that have long been standard to other browsers.

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    DeviateDefiant likes this.
  11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    All members who are experiencing spacing\return key not working.. it down to the browser you are using which is Internet Explorer 10 aka IE10.

Please bear with us until we apply the patch on the server which resolve this issue. The trials and testing for this patch are ongoing until this test is proved on the test site we cannot publish it to the live instance.

I would recommend all IE and IE10 owners to use other more advanced browsers which have more advance features than IE and a LOT more securer. IE is not a bad product but they IE10 conform to the standard they always have to be different,

If you can't wait please use Firefox and Chrome until the patch is applied

if you a mac fan you know safari will just work.:Wink:

12. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Thinking about upgrading to IE10? DON'T DO IT is all I can say! Not yet anyway. Give it 6 months so they can iron out all this issues and sites can upgrade to it.