Introductions intro

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by ricksmith, Monday 24th Mar, 2014.

1. ricksmith Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi all
    My name is rick and I'm from nottingham. Have had honda's since 2005 and been impressed. Only had Jazz's nothing special. Just purchased an ex Jazz with a few toys on it and everything is fine. ...lets hope it stsys that way. I'm sure it will.
    Thanks
    rick

2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Welcome to Rick.
    :Hey:

3. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Welcome to HK Rick.

4. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    Welcome to HK.

5. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Welcome Rick.

6. ricksmith Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi all
    Thanks for your welcome.
    Rick

7. ricksmith Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have some service items left over from my GD1 Jazz. Bearing in mind I am a newbie am I allowed to advertise them for sale or do I have to have so many posts???
    Thanks

8. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Welcome to the club Rick, nice to have another Jazz owner on board :Smile:

Take a look here mate.

9. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hi mate, feel free to upload a few pics of your ride :Hey:

10. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    Hi and welcome.

Only a Jazz ! It's a Honda :Smile: your home bud..

Jazz is a cracking little car

11. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Welcome to HK Rick.

12. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Like the Yam is that your FJ?

13. ricksmith Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi
    Yes it was. Sold it along with the other 5. Had them for many many years. Good motorcycle thats why I had so many.
    That one in the pic was a cracker really should have kept it but I should have kept my gd1jazz but didn't.
    Regards
    Rick

14. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yep she looks nice, had a friend who had an FJ great bike in fact very able and quite under rated daemon of a tool in his hands had some fantastic rides out in wales with him some years back now though.
    Pick up another if it's in your blood you NEED one in the garage!! Life will feel empty otherwise :Smile:

15. ricksmith Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi
    Yes very very underrated. Who was your mate wales way??? I'll probably know him if he was a long term owner. No my motorcycling days are finished. Nearly 40 years at it is long enough for me thanks.
    Rick

16. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

He lived close to Carmarthen name is Foster be 49 now always had an FJ for as long as I knew him was a bike mechanic some ware around those parts. Used to live near me but moved there about 18 years ago now. Loved his FJs
    You say that now but .. You never know ;-)

17. ricksmith Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi
    No I don't know that guy. I can assure you my two wheel days are well over, sticking strictly to four wheels and hopefully staying with the honda brand. Its been good so far lets hope the product remains reliable.
    Regards
    Rick

18. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Nah you'll be back ;-)
    Craig nice guy you would have remembered him if you had met him. Great guy no hair and perminant cherry red face, loved his FJs used his bikes almost all year round and never met anyone who could keep him on the back roads. Went on a track day with him once him on FJ me on a Stan Stevens tuned YPVS Yam RD. I did pants and he had few runs on my Yam and beat everyone on the track. You had to be there amazing guy to watch recon he should have been a race rider.

19. ricksmith Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

HI
    You're a lot more confident than I am....... nice to see true unharnised talent like that. Was the ypvs a 500 or 350??
    Rick

20. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

350 but had loads of work plus all important modded crank
    Fast bike loved it but toooo many scary moments and had to let her go for a more tame CBR6
    Yeah he was a amazing rider really talented you should have seen what he could do with his FJs ! No one I ever met could keep him no matter what they were on Blades MV August tried one day and boy did he get egg on his face.. :Smile: funny ahh those were the days.