Introductions introduction

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by paul17, Monday 22nd Jul, 2013.

1. paul17 New Member Getting Started

Hi I'm Paul from Devon with a 2004 2.2 I-CTDI estate that waits for the weather to get really hot before denying me any aircon, got an electrical guy looking at it but he's working a bit blind because he's not familiar with the car, relay works but no power down to pressure switch, need to check continuity of switch also,but he said there's three pins and he's not sure which two should have continuity!
    Would appreciate hearing from anyone with similar problem or knowledge of wiring layout for this model!

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    When was the air con last regassed ? If there's insufficient gas in the system it will shutdown.

- - - Updated - - -

Opps sorry didnt read fully !

3. paul17 New Member Getting Started

When it stopped working I presumed it needed refilling so took it to this guy he checked it and its full of gas, he said the compressor and clutch were fine it just wasn't getting any voltage

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I think you would need to get it connected to Honda HDS or a SnapOn diagnostic scanner and run through the A/C diagnostics on there to help track down the issue.

5. paul17 New Member Getting Started

I think my electrical guy likes the challenge,but I think you might be right! It would speed things along abit

6. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    Bud welcome.. CJ is always right unless it's diesel :Whistle:

7. paul17 New Member Getting Started

Thanks for welcome!
    Still getting used to the world of online forums,never done one before!
    Working as a welder I've never had a lot to do with computers so I'm a bit pants
    On the car front the electrical guy that was looking at my car has gone and left me to go on holiday for a month so I'm flying solo now, I checked continuity on the pressure switch last night and there didn't seem to be any so looking like it is the switch!