Off-Topic iPhone 4s desktop speaker

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Ichiban, Monday 12th Aug, 2013.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Chaps,

Need some assistance I want to buy a small quality desktop speaker to listen to music whilst at my desk.

There are loads to chose from can anyone advise me a quality piece of kit under 50 quid.?

2. declanswan Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

don't take this the wrong way and without being rude, but you arent going to get quality for under £50.

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    you will be surprised what you can get under 50 quid bud, I am just looking for recommendation for an improvement from the standard phone speakers. It will never be superior sound quality but will be decent.

So saying that .you got any device you can recommend ?

4. declanswan Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Not off the top of my head mate. I always chwck out richer sounds though for inspiration

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Them ones on RS are too bulky I don't want to attract attention in the office .. It will be tea-leafed or hidden to wind me up!

6. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

You can easily get a good quality speaker for under £50. However you need to be more specific, do you need a docking station which will charge your phone at the same time? Or would you rather have a wireless bluetooth speaker that will work with a lot more devices? Or would you rather a set of PC speakers that come with a dedicated subwoofer with 3.5mm connection which will work with almost all devices and will probably sound the best out of all 3?

Also the type of music you listen to will also influence the speaker you choose.

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi CL in an ideal world a docking station will be ideal so battery is tip top when I leave the office, but bluetooth is also a workable solution for me

The battery on my 4s is knocking on a bit with emails and other notification always on it canes it so bluetooth may cane the battery but I can plug the phone to a charger to get it sweet

It will be for radio, rock and metal and a little of drum and base.

8. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

If I were in your shoes I would buy this Philips iPhone 4 4S 3G/S Speaker Dock Docking Station iPod Touch Nano 4G 6G | eBay

Just a heads up, I am pretty sure that iphone 5 uses a different connector so if you are upgrading in the near future then you may want to wait a bit.

Below is also pretty good and has a lot more reviews but I am not sure in terms of bass and I call absolute BS on the 3d surround sound simulator. http://www.amazon.co.uk/AZATOM®-Doc...32&sr=8-10&keywords=iphone+4s+docking+speaker

Also in the future maybe you should consider an Android phone :Wink:

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Went to buy the philips one got a message "Sorry, this seller is on vacation, so this item is unavailable for purchase"

Well that put me off.. with new iPhones with lighting connectors makes sense to go to bluetooth.

Android phones DOT get me started on them , I will not be owning one after my brief encounter with it.

10. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Ah shoot I should have noticed that. I have found a few others but they may be a bit heavy on bass, does iOS come with a decent EQ function? - again they are produced by Philips.

Otherwise with bluetooth you can charge your phone via mains or USB and place the speaker wherever you like, or near a plug point if you don't want to keep on recharging the speaker.

Also, if you don't mind me asking, which Android phone did you experience - just asking as I've been using it since V1 since I was 14 and its been just brilliant?

11. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    CJ android :eek: now let me think............…....

No perhaps not:Whistle:

First option looks quite good though

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    LOL when did you get a iOS device Keith? you been a android boy for yonks!

13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I had the Orange San Francisco which was a rubbish device it was rooted rom'd , tricked out to the nines and it was utter poo. reminded me of Windows desktop need so many thirty party bolt ons for decent performance.

Got rid of Android for good no more tweaking to get decent performance, never looked back now a complete Apple fan with all the products.