Aftermarket Kit iPhone on aux

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by rhinogolf, Wednesday 2nd Jan, 2013.

1. rhinogolf Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

york
    I can play my music on I phone through my aux and is displayed on sat nav screen which song playing etc is it possible to play film videos which I have on phone through this system???
    Or any other way

2. Moniker Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi Rhinogolf,

I play my iPhone 5 through the USB connection - the song and all the playlists appear on the audio screen, however videos do not transfer onto the screen. Music videos will play the audio through the car speakers though.

If you connect your phone with the radio on you might get an error message or it may not register the phone at all - simply turn off the radio and turn it back on again - it effectively reboots the USB connection and then finds your iPhone.

Hope that helps,

Moniker

3. rhinogolf Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

york
    Cheers moniker was hoping to watch films through the screen but i
    have made a holder so my iPad sits there now when I'm ranked up in the stn just a pity can't get the sound to come through the car speakers. Or can I ?

4. Moniker Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

From what you've described I think you could plug a 3.5mm-3.5mm lead from you iPad to the Aux Audio in port vice the USB port - I think it's under a flap on the right hand side.

Moniker

Last edited: Tuesday 8th Jan, 2013
  5. rhinogolf Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

york
    Yeah think that will work will try that tomorrow cheers