Aftermarket Kit iPod adaptors

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by eternal422, Thursday 12th Jan, 2012.

1. eternal422 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I've been looking tonight online for a suitable iPod adaptor and now feeling a little lost! The choices seem to be Dension Gateway 100, Xcarlink or Dice.

However ... The Dension doesn't appear to be compatible with cars that have the Sat Nav; the Dice sold here is an old version (Honda R4) the latest in the US is the Silverline Duo - but as the US cars are slightly different set up to ours this may not be compatible anyway. That really leaves the Xcarlink, which I tend to favour as it's a UK make.

My car is a 2007 Accord EX with Sat Nav and in-dash CD changer. Can anyone give me any advice on which adaptor to go for?

Thanks guys!

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi,

I think the xcarlink has been installed so many time in countless Accords that it taken for granted . For piece of mind go with xcarlink you won't have any issues it works seamlessly and is compatible with the 7th Generation Accord.

3. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I second this totally. I've the xcarlink with bluetooth. It's really easy to fit, when I get get a chance I want to do a write up on it.

4. eternal422 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks guys - much appreciated! Xcarlink it is then! I've been looking at the installation instructions on the civinfo forum and starting to feel a little more confident to tackle the job myself now. Plus, doing it myself gives me a chance to sort out the buzzing rattle which seems to be coming from the trim panel that covers the Sat Nav DVD ROM drive!

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Do your own guide so people can refer it on here.:Wink:

6. eternal422 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Good idea! I'll do just that :Grin:

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Thanks bud appreciate it .

8. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

If you get stuck getting the trim apart send me a pm. I've got the xcarlink in my current car and had it in my last that I installed myself.

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Thanks Paul there you have all the support you need.. :Grin:

10. eternal422 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks Paul, hopefully I'll be ok but you never know with getting trim off! I'm hoping to get away without having to remove the top console (the bit with the air vents) if I can reach up behind the head unit from underneath once I've pulled the DVD rom out. I read somewhere that this might be possible.

I've ordered the xcarlink now, so hopefully be able to tackle the job next week sometime.

11. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Removing the vents is the easiest bit. If you need to remove it is a kitchen spatula and it just pops out. I think you'll struggle to get to the rear of the sat Nav without removing it (and the screws for removing it are under the air vents).

One further tip. Make sure you push the connector in firmly. There were a couple of members who got it all back together and found it stopped working as the connector fell out.

12. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Especially true of the non sat nav version as the connector points downwards.

13. eternal422 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for the tips - having taken everything apart to get to the connector, the last thing I want is to have it fallout and have to take everything apart again! There looks to be plenty of space there to fix the xcarlink box (which I'm thinking of doing rather than having it in the glovebox) - any suggestions as to where/how to fix it?

14. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

In my first Accord I put the box in the glovebox and had a short length of cable coming out and used a Brodit car bracket.

In my second Accord the xcarlink was already installed and the cable comes from the top left of the panel above the DVD player (just underneath the heather for the passenger side). I'm not sure where the xcarlink is though.

15. accord1996 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

lloydie london
    im interested in this interface but it would help if you had a model /part number perhaps ?

16. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Just google xcarlink and choose your car.