Optional Extras Is it possible to fit a towbar to a 2008 Legend.

Discussion in '4th Generation (2004-2012) [Acura RL]' started by jtech, Wednesday 24th Jul, 2013.

1. jtech New Member Getting Started

After spending the last 10 years driving Vauxhall Omega,s I am now looking at finding a replacement. I have looked at the usual suspects BMW, Mercs, Lexus and Volvo. Anyway a Legend parked next to me the other day and the car looked fantastic. As I had not thought about a Legend, so I started doing some research and have found some excellent bargains out there, however I do require a towbar , (I have a folding camper). Does anyone out there know if a tow bar can be fitted.

2. mattyg Premium Member Club Supporter

Hi definitely possible as Honda list one not sure on the cost though. Might be worth seeing if any of the tow bar manufacturers make one although probably unlikely due to the low numbers sold in the uk. Failing that its probably possible to get one sent over from the states as the car is a lot more common over there and is badged Acura rl . One thing to be aware of the actual tow bar ball size is different in the states.

Hope this helps

matt

3. buzbyten 146 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Honda UK
    don't deal with any of these parts in the UK .However they can be imported from Australia which i have done last year thro a official Honda Dealership in Aus .If you type in Google find Honda parts In AUS you will find the link, if not please advise and i will assist .
    E

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi could you kindly share that info here what you do in private will not help others if they find this thread, thanks

5. buzbyten 146 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Sorry if i have done something wrong .New to this game....
    Official Honda Legend Site | Home Follow this link for Legend and fill in the question arena for parts .Due to its weight it would not be cheap ,remember also you will have import duty to pay. I have a family contact in Aus which helps greatly

If anyone on the Forum wants more info please reply to the thread, i have the Honda parts manager name and e/mail if required.

Sorry again ...
    e:Smile:

Last edited: Wednesday 31st Jul, 2013
    Ichiban likes this.
  6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    No bud you haven't done anything wrong its all about sharing info for others to learn.

Thanks for the link.