ICE & HFT Is it worth upgrading the maps?

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by micks_address, Friday 23rd Aug, 2013.

1. micks_address Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi Folks,

Just putting a deposit on a 2009 2.2 idect EX - the maps cd is version 3.23 which i'd imagine is the original version that came with the car. Is it worth upgrading to the current version? I've read that new versions are usually issued around september so is there a risk that if i order now there will be a new on in a few weeks time? Also has anyone experience of using the maps in Ireland?

Cheers,
    Mick

2. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Not used maps in Ireland,can't help you there.
    Is it worth the update?Seeing that yours is old ish I would say yes but it also depend how much and how frequently are you using sat nav.
    Always worth looking at eBay for newer version.

- - - Updated - - -

Or ask the dealer where you buying the car to throw new DVD in the deal.

3. micks_address Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

ill price them anyway and seen what he says - its not from a main dealer though

4. leonmk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I'm from Ireland and my 2009 disc is fine... Not enough variations to warrant upgrade of disc

5. micks_address Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks - the roads havent changed that much in the last few years with the way the economy is down here so they are probably fine!

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    UK mainland gets most of the updates in my opinion the rest get marginal updates.

7. T26NYD Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Latest version v3.70 on eBay works fine, £10 free delivery

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Was it genuine ? I doubt it at that price look at replacing your DVDs laser soon if you use non genuine discs.

9. dennismate Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Epsom
    as per the previous post.... non OEM Sat Nav disks are a false economy, they will knacker the laser sooner or later and the cost to replace that is higher, generally, than buying the genuine Honda disk in the first place - YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED !!!

10. efalzon Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Malta
    Guys,

apologies in advance for the inexperience question, but perhaps you did experience or have read about a workaround. If it happens that your country is not included in the original sat nav disk, is it by any chance possible to utilize any other maps on the same Honda GPS unit ?

cheers

11. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Far as I know no is not possible.Sat nav work off DVD and if DVD does not have Malta then I can't see how.
    I might be wrong though.
    Surely Honda dealer in Malta must have a disc that includes it.

12. efalzon Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Malta

Does not exists it seems, wanted to understand in whether there is a workaround to this. Thanks anyway

13. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

don't think there is but wait for someone else who might know something I don't.

Ichiban likes this.
  14. T26NYD Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for the advice .

15. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Just to add further to this the aftermarket disc sometime alter the operating system when a higher version is detected which does render the unit useless. Call that a poor image burning process or someone has tried to alter the image by adding or skipping the warning when the sat nav boots up.

The only to get that unit working is to sending it to alpine for repairs. 10 pounds of a knockoff or three figures of repairs!

Risk it at your peril.

16. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Nope as the GPS will try to narrow your actual position and won't read the DVD to refer any maps and if it did what can it display?:Wink:

17. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Nope mate.. small island small customer base, small new cars sales ..means lack of any support.