Service & Maintenance Is My Car Due a Service?

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by Nelf, Monday 11th Aug, 2014.

1. Nelf Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Neil Sheffield
    Hi All,

Bought my car with 58k miles on in March this year from Honda in Crewe and they said as it wasn't due a service they would allow a free service when its due as part of the deal.

The car is now on 62k and the SvRS says 180 days left, so I thought I'd check the service book and it was last serviced at 48k so according to the 12.5k schedule I'm over by a couple of thousand miles. However why doesn't the SvRS state this?

The car has a full Honda history and was last serviced by Holdcroft.

I've booked the car in for Saturday but now I'm not sure it needs it? I'm waiting for them to cal me back so I can ask them but just wanted to know if its something anyone else can help with Could it be set to a variable service that's longer than 12.5k miles?

2. Nelf Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

OK, spoke to Honda and it is (over)due, but they couldn't explain why the SvRS says otherwise....

Also, I asked about SatNav disks and whether they are covered in the service (mines on 3.23), they said no and that it would be £170 - is this correct?

3. Nels Moderator Staff Team

I think the discs are significantly more. That looks like the member's price. It is better to use genuine discs.
    Used discs sometimes come up on here, or on ebay etc. Just watch out for the copies - they may damage your reader.

This is the current availability on ebay.

4. T10KJC Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

When I bought my Accord from Holdcroft,s last year I asked about latest Sat nav disc prices .I purchased from Navteq as they cheaper I have a friend who works for Holdcroft,s & he couldn't get them any cheaper .only saved a couple of £ but better in my pocket .

5. Nelf Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks guys, so the price is a good deal then? I don't think I will go with it as I won't be able to assess the benefit unless I buy it and see if the updates are useful/noticeable.

I assume 3.23 to the current version only changes the map content, not the look and feel of the interface?

6. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Just checked the Navteq site. £145 !

Update: Accords: 2006 onwards are £145 :Grin: 2003-2005 are £170 :Frown:

Last edited: Monday 11th Aug, 2014
  7. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Normally from the drivers perspective it's just the map content itself, however the discs come with new firmware for the unit. If you were to use an older disc after upgrading to a new one, you'd have to go through the downgrade procedure. Someone like @Ichiban who's used multiple discs can tell you more.

Nelf likes this.
  8. Nels Moderator Staff Team

The newer discs have more up to date maps, places of interest, and firmware, as @DeviateDefiant has stated.

If you want to use an older disc, then you will have to perform a 'Force Download'. This is in the 'Unit Check' screen of the Diagnostics Menu.
    Details here.

Nelf likes this.