Dealers/Garages Is my car due a service?

Discussion in 'Dealers, Garages & Body Shops' started by Racy Jace, Sunday 9th Sep, 2012.

1. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hi guys. I just wondered when I should get my car serviced next. When I originally bought the car from blackhourse Jan 2012 they had changed the oil and stamped the book early:telloff:. I was going to get Honda to redo it and stamp over the book but 3000 miles later, Honda had the car back for the ECU update and changed the oil again anyway:Thumbup:. I wanted to keep full Honda service history but should I just leave it and get the next minor service which is due Jan next year when Id have had the car 12 months.:Unknown:??

IMG_20120909_174538. . IMG_20120909_174556.

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Jace, I think you should to get Honda to do the service that was stamped by the car dealer and therefore restamp that spot. There's a lot more to a service than just an oil change.

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Why is the 36K service not stamped by Gordons Honda (only hand written) ?

4. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Ok Ill give Honda a call when I get the chance and get them to do it again. :Thumbup:

The book wasn't in the car at the time so it didn't get stamped. I called the dealer up to check and they said I could either send the service book by post or drive 2.5 hours up to them and get it stamped. They faxed me the full service history from their system which proved it had all been done. I was happy enough with that and as anyone can check it too I just wrote it in the book.

Last edited: Monday 10th Sep, 2012
  5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Fair do :Thumbup:.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Jace is SvRS enabled on your car ? if so it will tell you when its required? by looking at the stamps in the book it would seem its not.

7. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

CJ, I'm not sure I agree as what Jase was saying is that the car dealer changed the oil before handing the car over after purchase by Jase and put their own stamp in the book and that was about 3000 miles ago. Honda also changed the oil as part of some other work they did. Either or both parties (most likely Honda) could have reset the SvRS. So in my eyes, the oil has been changed a couple of times but a proper Honda service has not been carried since the 36K one by Gordons Honda.

So therefore I would suggest that a proper Honda Service should be undertaken and the 50K miles service be stamped by Honda.

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014