Engine & Gearbox is my clutch gone?

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by jacek, Sunday 23rd Mar, 2014.

1. jacek Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi guys!
    I have a little problem with my clutch: when i put my foot hard down in 3,4,5,6 gears, soonest turbo kicks in clutch will slip on upper gears. does this mean that my clutch is coming to an end? when I drive it at let say 75% it behaves good. I'm planning long motorway journey ( 800 miles ) . Do you think I need to change my clutch now or shell I just keep driving it and wait for it to get worse, or will it just stop without warning ? please help. THANK YOU .
  2. AccordCU2 Premium Member Club Supporter

I personally would leave it for now if it's driveable and see how you get on.
    If you get really bad slipping constantly then is time to change it.
    Not sure how bad it is without driving it myself.
  3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Personally I would get it done sooner rather than later. You don't want the worn clutch plate to score the flywheel surface.
  4. AccordCU2 Premium Member Club Supporter

Agree but all depend how bad clutch slip is and also sometimes clutch self adjust from what I read.
    If it's really bad then it makes sense to change it soon as.
  5. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Personally, if I had a long journey coming up and it's started to slip, I'd change it, ASAP.
    Last thing you want is being miles away from home, having to limp back in low gears or needing a tow .
    Scoring the flywheel isn't good either. (Good point Speedy)

If you weren't planning that long journey, then I'd probably wait and watch a while.

Out of interest, what's the mileage?